Repainting 73 340 Duster Vinyl Yes or No?

-

70aarcuda

Master Hoader of SBM
Legendary Member
Reaction score
As heading says...

repainting duster that has factory vinyl top, I dont like vinyl tops...

should i repaint it with or without vinyl top?

also car did not come with stripes ...want to add stripes with 340 logo on side...

Picture 348a.jpg

This is an easy one... You don't like the top so don't put one on... It is something you can put on later if you change your mind but can't really take off without a partial repaint.

i never looked at that way.....yes....no vinly top...

It is your car, don't like vinyl top, don't put it on. Want the stripes, put them on, remember this is YOUR CAR. Do whatever you want that makes you happy.

I would leave the trim for the top on it incase later you want to reinstall the top then you just have to get one installed. If you remove the mounting tabs for the trim would be harder to reinstall later.

I personally like vinyl tops if the right color combo

I;ll be the odd one here but I think the white Vinyl with the yellow looks great. I think I would add some stripes though to match..just my 2cents

Plum crazy/ black roof/ stripes is awesome:D

duster1.jpg

of course, like others said, you have to do the car for yourself.
All yellow with stripes is also awesome.

Anything on a Duster is awesome, imho:D

My vinyl top was white when I got my car. I cleaned it up and it still would not come clean from years of sitting. So I painted it black. Looks great. I was considering getting rid of the vinyl altogether but it was just a color issue so I painted it.

If you dont want the vinyl top then painting the roof white would be another option. I love the look of a vinyl top but my wife hates them so I am thinking of painting the top of mine and using the flat/semi-gloss clear on it. My color combo will be FM3/ Moulin Rouge and semi-gloss black top and side stripes. I am also considering the hood blackout as well.

Yellow car, white interior, white top and then add some white stripes. That gets my vote! =P~ :love7: :thumblef: :thumbrig:

Wylde1.

OMG it unheard of to alter a 340 car from the fender tag/broadcast sheet... you're not worthy of owning such a piece of history!
-------------------------------------
Sarcasm off...

If you don't like vinyl, paint it!

The work release program going to be busy again? :-D

OMG it unheard of to alter a 340 car from the fender tag/broadcast sheet... you're not worthy of owning such a piece of history!
-------------------------------------
Sarcasm off...

If you don't like vinyl, paint it!

The work release program going to be busy again? :-D

that is the plan...car going to prison...i just hope they let me out again...

I am going to paint it all YELLOW and then put the stripes on it...yes..it is stripe delete on fender tag...

hell...it already has a 360 eddy small block in it....

but dont fear original motor and trans in storage....

Interesting. A stripe delete 73 340. Don't see that too often.

Personally, I feel the lighter color Dusters look better sans vinyl top, darker colors are complimented with the vinyl top. I had a T9 Chestnut metallic 74 Dart Sport that looked good with the black vinyl roof. Ultimately, it is your choice.

-
Back