Replacement Clutch Fan/ not flex fan

-

rustytoolss

Reaction score
I'm trying to get parts together for my 273 A100. I'm going to use a clutch fan. I'm going to use an OEM style replacement fan.
What I've been looking at are Hayden 18" # 3618, and Flex a lite 18.25" # 5718. Both of these fans have a steel hub/spoke frame, with SOLID aluminum blades. And both of these fans have a max " FAN " RPM of 4000 (not engine rpm). These are not flex fans.
My 273 will just be a driver (no track time). Is anyone using either of these fans? If so any problems with blade breakage ? How well did they cool your engine ?
I will say this again these are not flex fans!!!:violent1: but are OEM replacement fans.

The fan when used with a clutch should never spin at the same speed as the motor is turning itself...there is always slippage..a good bit of it depending on the temp....On that note, I've had the #3618 on my daily driver for 7 years with no problems and I've spun it up to 5k on many occasions.

I have a MOPAR OEM clutch fan (USED) I am trying to sell. It is a 5 blade, 18 inch. I bought it for my 273 Barracuda but I sold the car before I installed it. I am listing it in the For Sale section. $70.00 plus shipping. Not all beat up or dirty. Clutch looks like it is brand new.

Fan number 4140063 Clutch number 4095704. Has Chrysler logo stamped on it.

The fan when used with a clutch should never spin at the same speed as the motor is turning itself...there is always slippage..a good bit of it depending on the temp....On that note, I've had the #3618 on my daily driver for 7 years with no problems and I've spun it up to 5k on many occasions.

That's what I was hoping to hear. Thanks

-
Back