Replacing compressor with new style

-

Belchfire

Reaction score
Anyone ever replace their RV2 compressor with a newer style radial compressor? If so, any kits or conversions available? Mine works fine but I'd sure like to save the weight. Thanks.

The best looking setup places the compumper lower right under altenater. Only fault is the mechanical fuel pump has to go. Good luck

The late model cars also had an offset water neck on the intakes, not sure if this will cause problems or not. The standard Performer is the only aftermarket intake I know of that has this feature.
Keep us informed,
alan627b

The Demon was a RV-2 and now has a SanDen compressor with a Performer. The physical differences in plumbing are the hoses to the compressor and body. The SanDen mounts at the water pump and has an L-shaped bracket at the rear that bolts to the intake. There was no need to change the water outlet on the intake. The hoses I got with the SanDen compressor will not bolt up to the corresponding connections that are in the car..

The 66 Dart GT w/factory a/c had a manifold water outlet that pointed at the driver's side fender, where the non-a/c outlet pointed straight ahead. Someone else can jump in, but I think that once Mopar went to a vertical water outlet, all of the bends were made by the radiator hose. A/C and non A/C cars used the same outlet.

In swapping the compressor, you may have to go to a later model upper radiator hose. You also may have to re-route the heater hoses. There may be some additional changes needed if you're going from an R-12 to a R134a refrigerant system.

-
Back