replacing door window on 1972 dart?

-

mopower440

Reaction score
I managed to shatter the passenger side door glass on my 1972 dart 2-door hard top. I am going to TRY and install the new glass this weekend. I have a copy of the service manual but wondering if anyone has or knows of a video with someone showing how to do this? I tried youtube and found nothing.
Thanks

I can tell you what I know about it... The vent window frame, door glass, and all goes out/in together.
The forward glass guide kit will cost about 55 bucks. I wouldn't reinstall used.
The little plastic fastener that attaches the bottom of the glass to the regulators saddle often breaks at removal. Aftermarket sells a replacement but a simple 1/4-20X1" bolt with a nyloc nut and piece of fuel hose as isolator works just a good.

I can tell you what I know about it... The vent window frame, door glass, and all goes out/in together.
The forward glass guide kit will cost about 55 bucks. I wouldn't reinstall used.
The little plastic fastener that attaches the bottom of the glass to the regulators saddle often breaks at removal. Aftermarket sells a replacement but a simple 1/4-20X1" bolt with a nyloc nut and piece of fuel hose as isolator works just a good.
went to install it and the felt/plastic strip that pins through the front edge of the glass fell apart. This is what acts as a guide on the front edge of the glass. Anyone know where to get these?Division Bar Liner 67-74 A Body & 66-70 B Body Pair

I found them at this site but damn, 139.00? no way!

Last edited:
mopars part number 1-02932230. Search that. They were approx' 55 per door when I purchased but that was a couple years ago.

Thanks! found them at the local dealer. Anyone know how to properly remove those 2 felt strips that are on the door that the window goes up and down between? I think they are dust seals or something, not sure of the correct name but i need to remove them to widen the gap enough to get this window/vent assembly back into the door.

Those felts are easily distorted. To go at them from the top, rotate away fro the door metal slightly and pull up with finger tips. From the bottom, locate the cleats and push up with a small putty knife.
There are 6 or more cleats on each. I've never found the fool proof way to remove them. Good luck

went to install it and the felt/plastic strip that pins through the front edge of the glass fell apart. This is what acts as a guide on the front edge of the glass. Anyone know where to get these?Division Bar Liner 67-74 A Body & 66-70 B Body Pair

I am currently trying to solve the dilemma of getting the division bars on the window and into the channel without tearing the strip. Wondering how you got them in?

-
Back