Replacing starter 68 Dart 440

-

Kendog 170

Let the boy go !
Reaction score
So I installed Engine with starter and headers trans, ect: on Kframe from underneath. Now I have to change the Mini starter. As I have not done this yet I'm thinking I'll have to Disconnect Batt. ,drop the steering linkage LHS. Unbolt Header and let hang? Then remove wires and hopefully starter will have enough space to come out ?
Its a spool type RB kframe,727, TTI 1 7/8" long tube headers, manual steering. Hoping someone's been there done that and can let me know how much I'm missing in this process.

Didn’t mention what cylinder heads. If they are factory and bolts you will have anti freeze. Personally after disconnecting battery, I’d give it a try without dealing with removing headers and steering linkage. You just “might” get lucky. I haven’t had to do the 440 starter in my Demon yet. Here’s a photo of mine during assembly, TTI headers it “looks” like there’d be enough room to come out between engine and trans. But being honest I haven’t looked at it that close.

5320B6FF-C6C4-4824-8B7C-BF03952386FF.jpeg

The TTI headers that I dealt with on a '70 Charger almost trap the mini starter. I did manage to get it out, but it wasn't easy. Since there is no clearance to the firewall on an A-body that would have been out of the question. I've got manifolds on mine and it's still a lot of fun (original style starter).

So I installed Engine with starter and headers trans, ect: on Kframe from underneath. Now I have to change the Mini starter. As I have not done this yet I'm thinking I'll have to Disconnect Batt. ,drop the steering linkage LHS. Unbolt Header and let hang? Then remove wires and hopefully starter will have enough space to come out ?
Its a spool type RB kframe,727, TTI 1 7/8" long tube headers, manual steering. Hoping someone's been there done that and can let me know how much I'm missing in this process.
was ur old starter old . sorry i use stuff from old yard, u dont they should fit .

let every on talk to you . sir that is whatn u u made u do for u. take off and but back you know that go is my way

no my **** and stock and hi dollar. u b cool as i was this stuf that we USA makes u and ur money. work out i got my puss earlyier..

I've got Stealth Heads. Good point about the End studs leaking. As for your Pic with TTI's there is no Steering column and Master cylinder installed yet. Like Jim mentioned on his Charger, it looks pretty caged. I'm hoping to get to it next week so I'll post how it goes.
Ohh,Charlie I think you should use spell check lol .

-
Back