Replacment Coil...which one????

-

rod locker

Reaction score
What coil do ya'll suggest for a ' 74 model 318? Thinking of a MSD cannister coil. Only change has been to a 4 barrel and factory 4 barrel manifold. Still has original electronics.....just wanting to replace one piece at a time without the headaches of causing a snowball effect to the check book and other electrical components.

i have been using a msd blaster 2 coil on my duster for several years now...

fits in the stock coil bracket too....Mopar proformance sells one that is black like the stock coil or the msd is red.

i have been using a msd blaster 2 coil on my duster for several years now...

fits in the stock coil bracket too....Mopar proformance sells one that is black like the stock coil or the msd is red.

I agree, the blaster 2 is a great coil.

recently i decided to set up a better performing igintion system on my 65 barracuda, that has a 340. got 8.5mm super conductor wires and a
msd blaster two coil, the schematics they gave me for wiring the coil to
stock points did not work? so i set it up so i could start it from the starter relay
but not the key, now it idles great but getting in to it, it starts to miss. i used the .8 ohm resistor from the kit and it really ran poor so i installed the 1.3 ohm resistor that was there originally and it ran a little better but not 100%. not sure what voltage im supposed to see at the coil or br, i think that i am probably getting to much voltage and the resistor is not enough?
should i run the wiring to br how it was before (two wires hot from ign, the
other side hot when running then to the positive on the coil, from coil - to
points?) i really hope that this makes sense to someone and you can help me
so this mighty mopar can be on the road again for the car show next week
my son is more excited to go then me and i dont want to let him down. any advice is greatly appreciated
icon10.gif

-
Back