Repop fuse box

-

1973dusterkid

Watch This
Reaction score
Ok while doing the engine swap I am thinking about a new fuse box and wires.There was a fuse box on here with the newer 14 fuse holder but newer style fuses.What is a good 14 or so fure box with all the relays and etc I need for headlights and others.

Or what about a engine bay fuse box like is in my moms Nitro but with less fuses.

Might just want to head out to your local wrecking yard and see what is there. Modern day stuff has power distribution boxes under the hood. Good source is Ford products, for one because you can buy replacement terminals somewhat easily.....I used one from a 93 Ranger on my last project, worked out well....

Stay away from a nitro fuse box or any 2005 and newer mopar stuff for that matter. The nitro and many others have a computer living inside the fuse box that tells the box how to behave. Mid 90's chryslers and older fords are good donors. Make sure the box uses wires and not plug in connectors on the bottom/backside. Plug in connectors is usually a sign of circuit board style boxes which are more hassle than wired units.

If you want new parts I am going with this one. It holds 10 fuses and 5 relays. The only drawback is that it has no maxi fuses which are nice for their slo-blow design. Looks at the size in the schematic it is small.

[ame]http://www1.cooperbussmann.com/pdf/36090f1a-b434-4910-98ec-1870f1f2519d.pdf[/ame]

I paid ~$15 for a Power Distribution Box from a ~94 Grand Cherokee for my 65 Dart. See my post. 67Dart273 used a box from a Mopar minivan. I agree that pre-2000 boxes are easier. The one I used has standard automotive relays. Newer ones have smaller relays and more custom. As said, best to avoid newer boxes with connectors on the bottom.

-
Back