Repop sharktooth grill

-

mistreta

Reaction score
Would like to buy one. Some are $700, some are over $1200. Are remanufactured grills any good. Classic Ind, Summit.

Not sure about those, i have heard the 69 barracuda plastic inserts fit like ****. Truth be told the original ones didnt fit that great either. If you can find an original sharks tooth grille but its got cracks, you can glue them back together with methyl ethyl keytone (MEK) you can find at lowes and an acid brush to brush it into the cracks. Very liquidy, It acts like a solvent adhesive, and pulls itself into cracks. It remelts the plastic back together making the bond as strong as if it was never broken. The pieces need to fit tightly for it to do this and retain its strength. You will of course need to sand it all smooth, and repaint it. Missing pieces can probably be fashioned out of modelers hobby plastic, or lexan, and solvent adhesive glued in place. I have also used JB weld to repair missing pieces. Hope this helps. I rebuilt a set of shattered 69 cuda grille surrounds this way for my sons car. Seemed to work well and saved $750 on new ill fitting repops. I took pix, and eventually want to do a tutorial on this when i have time.

Hope this helps
Matt

I bought the repop from Classic and am happy with the fit, It really fit like the old one I replaced. The base grill just comes bare, no lenses, bulb sockets, trim or posts that hold the grill into the lower valance. If you have a standard grill the posts and upper and lower thin trim can be used on the sharktooth. I believe Summit sells the classic grill, good if you have a discount code!

I, like pretty much everyone, really like the sharktooth grill. If I can ever get my hands on a chunk of an original grill, I have considered getting it scanned and printed without the center kick-out to go on my '69 Valiant

I, like pretty much everyone, really like the sharktooth grill. If I can ever get my hands on a chunk of an original grill, I have considered getting it scanned and printed without the center kick-out to go on my '69 Valiant
That would be neat to see.

wait wait wait, you have the 69 valiant grille, the metal one?
IMHO that is THE BEST looking grille ever installed on our A bodies
much more better looking then the shark toot grille

and between you and me, you can probably sell the parking lights from your valiant grille and buy a used shark toot grille and it should bolt right in
i know i bolted a 69 valiant grille in my 71 duster with minimum work
(you got this one right?)

th.jpg

Last edited:
I bought the repop from Classic and am happy with the fit, It really fit like the old one I replaced. The base grill just comes bare, no lenses, bulb sockets, trim or posts that hold the grill into the lower valance. If you have a standard grill the posts and upper and lower thin trim can be used on the sharktooth. I believe Summit sells the classic grill, good if you have a discount code!
My duster is a 70, the grill is in great shape, I just like the sharktooth a little better. I also have a grill I bought for parts at a swap meet. So I probably would only need the grill, the 70 duster grill trim pieces will work you say. And the pigtails and inside bulb sockets? Thanks for the help.

and between you and me, you can probably sell the parking lights from your valiant grille and buy a used shark toot grille and it should bolt right in

View attachment 1715144490

Yep that's what I have, in mint condition too, I'd just like to see how she looks with a sharktooth..

565BE7F4-2A4E-4961-87BB-10AD1967EFE6.jpeg

My duster is a 70, the grill is in great shape, I just like the sharktooth a little better. I also have a grill I bought for parts at a swap meet. So I probably would only need the grill, the 70 duster grill trim pieces will work you say. And the pigtails and inside bulb sockets? Thanks for the help.

Still wondering what a shark toot is lol

All joking aside it looks custom on a duster.
I feel like the valiant grille follows the lines of the duster better (consider the tail lights)

I've been told the shark toot (you can recognize a sharks toot by the bubbles it leaves behind) was designed to match with the demon tail lights...but I don't think it fits the duster that well

The thin upper and lower trim will interchange. The parking bulb sockets are different, there a twist in. I found some at my local parts store once I knew what I was looking for. I believe I had to pirate the plug off the regular grill.

Duster front.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 1715144490

toot toot. here comes the twain.

You should totally buy a shark toot grille...and donate your parking lights to me

View attachment 1715144530
They are not hard to find.
Just find someone who is parting out a '69 Daytona Charger and they are the same.
Original Valiant ones are hard to come by because of the low production numbers.
The dime a dozen Daytona ones are easy to find for no more than $10.00 a pair for good ones............

They are not hard to find.
Just find someone who is parting out a '69 Daytona Charger and they are the same.
Original Valiant ones are hard to come by because of the low production numbers.
The dime a dozen Daytona ones are easy to find for no more than $10.00 a pair for good ones............

Tell you what, you find a set for that price, and I will gladly pay you double

-
Back