Repro dash wiring harness

-

djpearce

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to pull the dash on my 66 Barracuda and I wanted to replace the wiring harness or harnesses (just don't trust the 40+ year old insulation) while it is out. I will be overhauling the heater box and fresh air vents as well during this endeavor.

My question is can anyone recommend a good source for replacement wiring harnesses? I'm looking for ones that have the OE correct connectors and will drop in without modification. Has anyone bought any in the past few years?

Just a suggestion, you may want to check out the wiring before you replace it. In my experience the under dash wiring in the old mopes holds up really well. As long as it is still supple & hasn't been hacked you should keep it. Can't comment on repro quality but they are very pricey.

Good point 396 Signet ... I'll know better once it is out. I know some of the wires have been altered because I did it back in high school (I've owned the car since 1982)

I second that about trusting the original wiring. I'd much rather work with a good original than any aftermarket parts where the materials are sourced from who knows where and made from who knows what.
If you need to replace any specific circuits or connectors, hit me up. I've got dozens of parts harnesses for these cars.

-
Back