Repro Gas Tank 64 Dart GT Vert?

-

Rhetor

Reaction score
While I am rebuilding the carb, I noted much rust in the original tank and a small leak when I top off the tank.

So . . . I am thinking . . . rather than fighting with fuel filters . . . and sending rust through my newly rebuilt carb when it is done . . . that I should go ahead and buy a new gas tank and bolt it on?

Where is the best place to get one?

Thnaks

I've seen them on E-bay for around $140.00 plus shipping. If yours is not rusted through, it can be cleaned, coated, and reused. If you pull the tank, get a new filler neck grommet....that's usually where they leak up top.

I got one off ebay for my 64, it seemed like a pretty good piece. I believe it was made in Canada? Haven't had any problems with it, its been under the car for a couple years now.

Great . . . what about the fuel fill neck, rubber grommet, and fuel sending unit? Where do you all recommend getting those from?

(Tank leaks around grommet. A lot of rust in the fuel filler neck. And the fuel guage does not work, so figure might as well do sending until while I am in there.)

TTT hoping to get a pointer in the right direction to score the parts. :)

-
Back