Reproduction Brake / Caliper lines

-

Dave

Reaction score
I am reconditioning the factory disc brake system on my 67 Formula S, so far I have been able to get reproductions brake hoses and lines except for the steel line that comes off the caliper and connects to the brake hose (its about 5 inches and has the spiral protector on it). Does anyone know it these are available or do I have to have one made?

Dave

I have been looking in some old Mopar magazines for brake lines but can't find
it. I did look on Laysons Restorations web site and they have 4 piece kits.
You may have to buy a kit If noone sells separate brake lines.
Toolmanmike

Thanks,
I did order a 4 piece kit from Year One (of course its back ordred) but I think you get the left and right lines from brake hose to metering block and then two lines from metering block to master cylinder. It didn't describe which lines you get, I don't think it includes the caliper to hose lines?

you mean the caliper side to side hard line? I don't recall seeing a hard line fron caliper to hose. that spiral stuff is called gravel guard.

On the 4 piston calipers there is a steel line that sits on top of the caliper that connects both sides then there is a steel line with "gravel guard" that comes out of the bottom of the caliper and connects the brake hose at the bracket where the caliper attachment bolts are.

I know what you're talking about but can't tell you where to find them...however, if you do figure it out, please pm me as I'm going to have to do the same thing. Thanks!

you will most likely have to bend it youself. I just looked at my buddys 68 formula s with the 4 piston calipers and his is a banjo bolt style hose to the frame bracket.

-
Back