Reproduction Rally Wheel Center Caps?????

-

1972DusterPaul

Reaction score
Hello All,
Wondering if anyone has bought any of the aftermarket/repro ralley wheel center caps?

Specifically looking at the SBP "acorn style" caps.

I wondered about looks? fit? and quality of them?

Thank in advance,
Paul

I was contemplating making a silicone mold for a SBP "Sombrero" and trying to make a set of drivers out of resin. They would be solid and would have to figure out how to mount them, maybe thread-serts where the sheetmetal screws go. Paint then argent and run 'em?
And then some '65 taillight lenses out of tinted clear resin. Maybe a second hobby?

I ordered one that was damaged on my Swinger, Got it from Specialty Wheels, Great fit!, Looked like the other 3, Good price!!:blob:

I got mine from Summit.. They were $50 a piece.. Summit sells them, but Wheel Vintique (I believe I got that right) is the company that actually makes them... I was completely happy and satisfied with the set I got.. They were actually metal for one thing, all coloring was spot on... there were even pentastars inside the centers... So I am assuming they are made from original molds... All I knew was at that time an original set of small bolt rallye centers were crazy expensive for semi beat up ones.. .these were brand new and perfect... well worth the $200

Heres a nice close up of one of the centers I got....

Attachments

• HPIM1050wheelresize.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 286
Sounds very ambitious...but I don't see why your idea wouldn't work.

Paul​

I was contemplating making a silicone mold for a SBP "Sombrero" and trying to make a set of drivers out of resin. They would be solid and would have to figure out how to mount them, maybe thread-serts where the sheetmetal screws go. Paint then argent and run 'em?
And then some '65 taillight lenses out of tinted clear resin. Maybe a second hobby?

-
Back