Respect for Rani

-
Yeah, no kidding. I've never had direct contact with her, but reading all her posts and progress, she's an incredibly hard worker. Invariably, every time I read about what she's done (on Mopars or otherwise), I think "what is MY excuse?!"

:cheers:

I understand the difference in cultures but as a Father of 2 Daughters I would be one very proud American Dad of Rani if she were my Daughter. I am very proud of both of my Daughters. My oldest seemed at a young age like she would be a classic car fan until boys happened. Now my youngest has her heart set on a 1941 Willys pickup complete with a Hemi. She is only 13 years old but still has very good taste, except for some of her music. You go Rani Girl!!!

Wow im like speechless after seeing this thread.....of all days i didnt log in since way earlier bcoz i had a doctor's appointment.

what i meant by saying i have not accomplished much was intended to mean that i have accomplished what i want. i know a masters degree is an accomplishment but i want to be in the auto industry and i did Political Science bcoz my dad told me to......in my culture when a father tells a daughter to do something....there is no debate....the ONLY reply to him is "yes sir". i cant reason with my dad that i want to work on cars so a lot of what i have done...he dont know about. He lives in India which is where i am originally from so he cant see the cars from there and he dont know i went to auto school.......i feel bad to hide but i cant help it bcoz i like cars.....so sorry

thanks everyone for your kind words ....i cant believe it :prayer:

So......
If you don't keep up the good work, we're gonna tell your dad on you! :D

I want to be like Rani when I grow up.Shes cool. I sometimes wondered if she was another member spoofing us at first.lol

I want to be like Rani when I grow up.Shes cool. I sometimes wondered if she was another member spoofing us at first.lol

ouch ...how does someone even respond to that LOL.....

explains why you didn't respond to my PM LOL

you never know maybe we will have a chat over coffee someday soon .....i usually go through Houston INTL. airport ......when i go back to visit my mom and dad in my home town. Houston seems to be the only airport i can get an Emrites flight out of.......much better than American airlines out of Chicago.

you never know maybe we will have a chat over coffee someday soon .....i usually go through Houston INTL. airport ......when i go back to visit my mom and dad in my home town. Houston seems to be the only airport i can get an Emrites flight out of.......much better than American airlines out of Chicago.
Meant as a compliment. You were so knowledgeable that it was hard to believe you were a young woman.As far as not returning pms I had a double stroke a few years back and if I dont do something immediately I tend to forget. Not a good trait for a procrastinator.lol Sorry

I understand the difference in cultures but as a Father of 2 Daughters I would be one very proud American Dad of Rani if she were my Daughter. I am very proud of both of my Daughters. My oldest seemed at a young age like she would be a classic car fan until boys happened. Now my youngest has her heart set on a 1941 Willys pickup complete with a Hemi. She is only 13 years old but still has very good taste, except for some of her music. You go Rani Girl!!!

sounds like we need to have a talk with her about how boys will drag you down.....always trying to look at your chasis and rotate your tires without permission. Tell her the car is the better pick ....cars dont leave you.....cars and boys stall out but at least the car stays with you on the side of road :burnout:

thanks for the kind words ...i know American Dad's are cool ...you guys are not drill sargents. i am used to "sir yes sir" LOL

Meant as a compliment. You were so knowledgeable that it was hard to believe you were a young woman.As far as not returning pms I had a double stroke a few years back and if I dont do something immediately I tend to forget. Not a good trait for a procrastinator.lol Sorry

its totally cool i might send you another PM to remind you ...nice Avatar ...glad im not the only one who often uses pics of myself as an avatar....we need more cute guys to show their faces

Somehow we forgot to mention how beautiful Rani is...the Mopar gods have blessed us ;)

I agree with all of the above posters. I have spoken with Rani in chat a few times. She is a very bright young lady. I expect that she will accomplish everything she puts her mind to.
Keep up the great work Rani the world needs more people like you!!
~Michael

I still do. not another member just a different person.
If she is who she is that's fine. If not that's fine to.

No worries Ray, I have sold Rani some parts and also I have spoken with this wonderful girl before....she is the real deal :prayer:

I understand the difference in cultures but as a Father of 2 Daughters I would be one very proud American Dad of Rani if she were my Daughter.

I am the very proud father of 4 amazing daughters (and 1 son) and I agree with this comment 1000%!!!
~Michael

Yes,Rani is a good girl that knows her Mopars !!!

And finally, someone hit on the origin of this silly thread.

I have no reason to doubt that Rani might be everything you guys say but it's a little bit much...don't you think?

I have met qute a few amazing folks on here but since they appear to be men, I suspect they won't get their own "very special/we love you" threads any time soon. :D

Just a perspective of a semi-regular... carry on. :)

MRGTX, amazing men get their own threads on here most every day. They're usually called "Good Guy Alerts." I've even seen a Good Gal Alert once in awhile. The main thing to remember is that we're all one big family and that excellence among members is often recognized in public. Do something wonderful and you'll probably get one too. :-D

MRGTX, amazing men get their own threads on here most every day. They're usually called "Good Guy Alerts." I've even seen a Good Gal Alert once in awhile. The main thing to remember is that we're all one big family and that excellence among members is often recognized in public. Do something wonderful and you'll probably get one too. :-D

Well put! I guess there are haters in every crowd.

Fair enough. I stand corrected...

Well put! I guess there are haters in every crowd.

While it may be true that there are "haters in every crowd" I'm not one. First, I meant no offense to Rani (I haven't even caught any of her posts to be honest).

Second...my opinion that it's a "bit much" doesn't mean that I think less of anyone in this thread.

Again, carry on! :)

Fair enough. I stand corrected...There have been a couple. Perhaps we're overdue since it has been a couple of years (unless they're titled something else).

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/search.php?searchid=5559780

There are tons of threads thanking members, I bet that number is in the 100's easily......the title doesn't always say "Good Guy" alert.....:glasses7:

Infact, there have been several in the last few days, Rani even started one for FABO member 4spdragtop Steve yesterday

If your ever stuck or have problems at O'Hare LMK. I know some people

There are tons of threads thanking members, I bet that number is in the 100's easily......the title doesn't always say "Good Guy" alert.....:glasses7:

Infact, there have been several in the last few days, Rani even started one for FABO member 4spdragtop Steve yesterday

Ok!! :)

I had already deleted/revised the portion you quoted...but even my original quote accepts the possibility that the phrase that CudaChick1968 mentioned wasn't a standard.

I don't want to derail this thread...but for the sake of my own ego, just trust me that cute/young women getting disproportionately more attention and "help" on male dominated internet discussion forums is a well documented and hilarious phenomenon...

...though that's obviously not what's happening here. It's just what it looked like to a casual observer, which admittedly wasn't fair. I'm 100% sure you guys could come up with comparably gushing threads about men here.

Again, no offense intended to anyone.

-
Back