?Respectfully Request explanation of how/what this kit rod b engine fuel pump works/does?

-

greymouser7

Vagrant Vagabond “Veni Vidi Vici”
Reaction score
Mopar part # P5249569 KIT-ROD-B-ENGINE FUEL PUMP
Mopar part number P5249569 KIT-ROD-B-ENGINE FUEL PUMP.jpg

Thank you

fuel pump comes off, plug removed, fuel pump push rod falls out.
fuel pump push rod rides on eccentric on cam. may be hardened because stock ones will eventually wear done and engine
low on power. reassemble in reverse.

It drives the fuel pump off the camshaft.

Go to mymopar.com and download a factory service manual. Look at the engine cut away.

In a nut shell the cam has an ecentric on it. The pushrod rides on that ecentric and pushes the fuel pump lever to activate the fuel pump.

I'm not a BB guy so others might need to correct me but I'm about 90% sure what I said is correct.

BTW as I understand it it is not easy to replace with the engine installed due to downword angle of the hole it rides in.

Some thick assembly lube in the home IIRC will hold it in place long enough to get the pump on.

Hang onto that, as the new ones folks are making are junk. Guys are reporting worn down in less than a year vs my OE one in my 383 that is still at factory spec length after 52 years.

Last edited:
You're welcome!
Thank you so much! After the home invasion & divorce, I have been sorting through all the Mopar I purchased while in the Navy. The perp hid in the garage, the police looked for him, too many stacked boxes around the project car-they never found him. You needed a hover board or a leprechaun to navigate the garage. That is what it took to get out of the funk and working back into the hobby. I bought a few of those assemble-metal-shelves from sam's club and walmart and invested 50 hours into rediscovering old treasure and organizing it. I bought this fuel pump kit long ago for the 1974 C-body police 400 I journeyed to Michigan for in 2006. Rusty and IQ52's BBM builds rekindled my interest after school has been overwhelming. There's gonna be more questions so thank you very much!

Sorry to hear of all the tragedy in your life. Hope you are staying healthy. Sounds like you are keeping busy!

-
Back