Restoration no longer possible (not for the faint of heart)

-
i once heard a line that there was nothing out there as far as cars go that couldnt be fixed. your damage is extensive, but your cuda wont ever be manufactured again. I hope you keep it and repair it.....

Sorry to hear about the car! :angry7:

Check the frame measurements first. The passenger door not closing indicates that something is bent, but it might just be the rear quarter. If the frame measurements line up with stock, then you're just in for sheetmetal work. Although it looks extensive, its not too difficult to accomplish. If the subframes are bent then its going to be a lot of work. A good frame person may be able to straighten it, but keep in mind this is more then just "pulling" it. Metal usually deforms and work hardens as it bends, so its unlikely that just pulling the frame will actually straighten the damaged section, usually it just deforms another section.

Needless to say, if the subframes are bent then the cost of fixing the damage will exceed the monetary value of the car. Sentimental value is something else entirely, and I can speak to this as I myself have cut a car in half and started over from there. I had the fortune to be repairing a full frame car though, which actually makes things easier once you've determined what's still straight.

Someone here must have the stock frame dimensions for a '67 Barracuda? I have dimensions for my cars, but not anything earlier than '71.

Someone here must have the stock frame dimensions for a '67 Barracuda? I have dimensions for my cars, but not anything earlier than '71.
I believe the front frame rails are the same dimension as all other A-Bodies. Then the Rear Frame Rails are ALSO the same dimensions...the difference between A-Bodies lies in the length of the floor pan between the front and rear frame rails.

j

Sorry to hear that. You should expect a series of lowball offers from the insurance company. If I were you, I would get a lawyer involved and let him/her do battle with the insurance company.

What is a 17-year-old kid with violations doing driving around in a car like that? My kid would be on a bicycle.

that sucks....part it out if you have to..i like your seat covers......

-
Back