Restoration Oil filters

-

hotrod3forty

Reaction score
So what's up with the red, white and blue "Restoration" oil filters? Are they not making them anymore? What's everyone using for a Mopar brand oil filter?

Thanks!

Screw that Mopar oil filter crap. Go down to the local auto parts and just buy wix filters. It's all I use in all my car (minus a K&N air filters).

I use NAPA Silver ( Silver being best in quality ) for over 15 years for all my oil changes.

We all know Wix makes a great filter, but maybe he wants to stay OEM or Mopar only parts on his car. Thats not uncommon.

Anyways, it looks as though the red,white,and blue filter (P4529187) has been discontinued.Maybe call your dealer and see if they can find you one in a warehouse somewhere.I looked around and that filter is getting pricey.

The next one I would look for (dont have the part #) is the black filter with yellow writing. I believe that is the filter that would have come on your 68 ?

Couple other filter part numbers that should be available through the dealer,Summit,Jegs ect.
Mopar High Performance Filter P4452890
Mopar Race Oil Filter P4529190

Hope this helps.

These are all great answers (I use Wix myself, cheap from Rock Auto), but none address the OP's question concerning period OE look filters for a show quality restoration. I know the attitude is that function beats form here, but it's the OP's prerogative to keep his car as correct as he wants to, and is just looking for a source.

I see that Jacks Auto Parts has them listed online for $24.95

Edit: Johnny, I posted before seeing yours.

Be careful of Jacks, have heard negative things about them.

Be careful of Jacks, have heard negative things about them.

That's Jim's that stinks

Easy way to remember
Jim, 3 letters, same # as BAD
Jack, 4 letters, same # as GOOD

For those of you that want WIX filters this is the best deal I've found.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=84099&page=2

The same filter 51068 that's a little over $4 at rockauto + shipping is 3.68 at Filter1. I buy all my car/truck filters in at least $50 orders.

Looks like they added a $5 flat rate shipping charge for all orders. Just buy enough filters to spread it out.

Here is the correct assembly line oil filter. I bought this filter from a guy working at the plant in Hamtramch years ago. Checked the part# too and that is correct. I bought it for usd 55 years ago. Now they are asking way much more.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 678
Thank you Johnny Dart, Blackbomber, and 65DartCharger. That's exactly right....I want to continue using the older Mopar brand oil filters on my 69 340 Swinger and I have recently run out of them. When it was my daily driver many years ago I used Fram filters and had zero problems with them. And now in the past several years that I've wanted to put my car back to "period correct", I've been using the restoration filters and have never had any problems with those either, other than having a time finding some more....at a reasonable price of course.

-
Back