Restore a Trunk Trim Panel

-
After reading this thread this morning I sent an email to King of Trim asking for a ballpark estimate on restoring my 68 tail panel. It's not severly dented or scarred, it just needs to be stripped and repainted, I included a large pic so that they could see what I was working with. They quoted me $1000 to strip and reanodize the piece and another $300 if I wanted them to mask it up and paint the black areas. Too rich for me.

Can someone PM me the info for the gentleman referenced above?

Hey BrianT... Sorry for the late response as it’s been busy at work today. I had the grille and rear panel done at the same time. I can say they worked a deal for me. The 1300 they quoted you, wasn’t what I paid for a “package” price. But... it was spendy for sure. It really make the car look complete, so the money was well spent in my opinion. Hope your get yours looking good!

Cheers!

Shine On Me Trim
I heard back from Herb this morning and he quoted me $700-900. I realize this is probably pretty labor intensive, but my panel is in pretty good shape. I think I'll just clean it up and maybe try repainting it myself?

Last edited:
If you polish up that aluminum, you will also remove the anodizing. Then the aluminum corrodes. One reason King Of Trim is more expensive is because the strip your parts down to bare aluminum, straighten/weld/polish, anodize, and paint. Lots of labor, and special chemical processes involved. But it appears his prices have gone up a lot since I had my parts done.

I'm sure it's the same as having your bumper rechromed by one of the high end shops. Lots of special chemicals involved and it's very labor intensive. I have better ways to spend $1300 right now.

Ouch! I misplaced his number and I probably won't see him again until the swap here in Feb. He charged me $350 if I remember right

-
Back