Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveL

Steve
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
The vehicle for sale is a 1965 Dodge Dart GT. I purchased this the car in 1983 and am the third or fourth owner. The car was built in California and spent its life in the South West, prior to my ownership. As a result, it is a very rust free and structurally sound car. Almost all of the body panels and drive train parts are original. At the same time, it has some significant upgrades. The car is a super-clean driver that has been built for street and highway use. The car has 132,000 miles.

The Body is all original, except for a door skin on the passenger’s side that is probably the result of an accident while the car was newer. The door skin has been brazed and the job was well done. The car has two areas of rust repair where rust has been cut out and new steel welded in. Those areas are a patch about the size of a thumb print in the lower rocker area of the right fender and a spot about two inches by six inches behind the left rear wheel opening. There are no other rust areas on the car. I have pulled all of the body apart and repainted every part of the car over the years. The body is painted original color with single stage poly-urethane enamel. New window drip edge. There is a small chip in the original windshield.

The Engine is a high performance 273 c.i. V8. It has been modified and upgraded, but retains the original block, crank shaft and high compression pistons. The engine was rebuilt 5,000 miles ago and received new rings, bearings, expansion plugs, and gaskets on the lower end. It also received a Crane hydraulic cam and lifters with a double roller timing chain. The engine received late model 318 high swirl heads that had been pocket ported and a valve job. The engine has a Holley aluminum single plane intake manifold, which takes about 35 pounds from the front of the car. The carburetor is the original Carter AFB 500 cfm that came from the factory. The carburetor was rebuilt about 3,000 miles ago. The car has a Spitfire tubular exhaust with ceramic coating. The starter is a newer Nippon unit. It also has a MOPAR Performance electronic ignition. During the recent rebuild, the engine was hot tanked and painted with polyurethane enamel.

The Transmission is the original A-833 for the 273 engine. It was rebuilt 3,700 miles ago and received three main bearings, new seals and gaskets. The car has the original Hurst Competition Plus shifter that came with the car from the factory. The drive shaft is also original, but it has been shortened and rebalanced to accommodate an 8 ¾ rear end. Gears are 3:2:3. Amsoil is in the tranny and rear end.

The Suspension has been modified. The front end has been rebushed with polyurethane in the upper and lower control arms and strut rods. The ball joints and four tie rod ends have been in the car for less than 5,000 miles. The car has an Addco 1 1/8” front sway bar and a pocket has been welded in the lower control arms to accommodate the end links. The manual steering box has a Firm Feel 16:1 fast ratio worm gear and nut. The shocks are KYB and the torsion bars are original. The rear leaf springs are GTS reproductions. The car has been lowered. A ¾ inch Addco sway bar is in the rear.

The Brakes have been upgraded to disc in the front. I have installed dual master brake and a proportioning valve. The car has the Kelsey-Hayes calipers that were available for ’66 to ’72 A body cars. The rotors are new and the calipers have stainless pistons and new boots.

The Interior was refurbished in 2005. The original front seats received new aftermarket foam and original style upholstery. The rear seat was also reupholstered. The dash pad has been recovered, but does not look original. The carpeting is aftermarket. The headliner was replaced before I purchased the car. The dashboard was cut for a different radio by someone prior to me. I have installed a simple AM/FM cassette that looks clean. Some of the interior plastic is worn.

This car runs and handles beautifully. It can cruise at 70 with ease. There are many more upgrades than can be mentioned here. Attention has been paid to every detail and it shows. You will rarely find an early A body as nice as this one. It has never been in a winter and always garaged. I want $9,000 for the car, but have more than that in it.

Contact me at http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=39281 The car is in New York State. Additional Pictures available.

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

White Dart Angle_0141.jpg

Dart 006.jpg

Nice....Nice....Nice! Can't build one for that price. Good luck with the sale. Welcome to FABO
toolmanmike

Very nice. You need to get a picture of that shifter and clutch pedal up. People want to see those!!

hey thats a 65 dart dash with a valiant wheel emblem,canadian?
Yes In 1965, we had two complete Valiant styles. One was exactly like a Dart, including the front clip, but bore Valiant insignia. This was the V200 series. We also had a US-style version, exactly like the US model, and this was the V100 .

Are my eyes deceiving me, or is the front half of the interior red, and the back silver? Or is that two different cars?

the red one is 65varts car not sure why he posted that pic of his interior just confuses the thread...the silver one is steveL car........Nice car Steve where in NY are you

the red one is 65varts car not sure why he posted that pic of his interior just confuses the thread...the silver one is steveL car........Nice car Steve where in NY are you
340S Fastback wanted to see a 4spd shifter set up, then I realized my car is a bench seat car so it's not really relevant, ah WTF it's a cool picture.

340S Fastback wanted to see a 4spd shifter set up, then I realized my car is a bench seat car so it's not really relevant, ah WTF it's a cool picture.

LOL I knew that would get you going.... cool confersion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back