Restoring 340 John's old Dart

-

Jim's 70 Dart

jim' 70 dart
Reaction score
Here are some pic's of 340 John's Dart that I bought from him.

Attachments

• jim's dart 006.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 871
  • jim's dart 001.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 855
  • jim's dart 002.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 847
  • jim's dart 004.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 847
  • jim's dart 005.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 875
  • jim's dart 007.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 849
  • jim's dart 008.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 864
  • jim's dart 009.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 846
  • jim's dart 010.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 847
Keep us updated on your progress, it is great to see 340John's Dart has found a good home.

give me more give me more MOREEEEEEEEEE looking great lets see where this is going

Thank you for posting the pictures. I knew the car went to the right guy, you are doing a great job. I actually cried when I saw the pics, I guess the combination of meds having my emotions out of whack and seeing my old friend again. Keep up the great work and PLEASE keep posting pictures. Thank you again.

Hi John, I will keep you posted. I have to goals with the car when done drive it to your house and show it to you in person and get it in mopar muscle mag. hang in there and keep up the faith. Jim

Nice! Good to see she went to a good home. Also good to see you are keeping it burnt orange. I like that color for some unknown reason. LOL Good luck on the build.

Good to see you are still here and posting 340John. You have been missed.

Thank you Jim, I would love to see it again. Be prepared for me to be emotional...and to take hundreds of pictures !!!

Thank's for all the nice comments. You know when I disassembled the car the only original part not on the car was the carb. I since have found the correct date coded carb so I am happy as hell. Also instead of buying chinese repop crap I decided to have every part that has chrome be rechromed so I can keep all the original parts on the car they should be done in a few months. The carb is on it's way to Harms Auto to be restored to original. Sure hope the time and money is worth it in the end.

Thank's for all the nice comments. You know when I disassembled the car the only original part not on the car was the carb. I since have found the correct date coded carb so I am happy as hell. Also instead of buying chinese repop crap I decided to have every part that has chrome be rechromed so I can keep all the original parts on the car they should be done in a few months. The carb is on it's way to Harms Auto to be restored to original. Sure hope the time and money is worth it in the end.

The time and money will be worth it. To you the car will be priceless...to me that car will always hold memories of my younger years. Don't hate me when I tell you that I had the original carb. Sometime around 1994, I put that Edelbrock carb on...and the original one was mistakenly tossed in the trash during a garage clean up.

Very nice so far! Good to see it coming together.

Jim, I'll be REALLY impressed when you start on that rusty green Dart, if you still have it.

Still have the green car and the gomango one too. wanted a real 4spd car so thats why i'm doing this one first. the others aren't costing me anything hanging out.

Hey John, When I first bought the Dart I got the engine running, bled the brakes took it down the road and ran the balls out of it. The engine ran mint. But being it sat for a number of years I want to put new gaskets on it and what not. Can you tell me if anything has been done to the engine while you had it? Thanks Jim

Hey John, When I first bought the Dart I got the engine running, bled the brakes took it down the road and ran the balls out of it. The engine ran mint. But being it sat for a number of years I want to put new gaskets on it and what not. Can you tell me if anything has been done to the engine while you had it? Thanks Jim

The engine was rebuilt in 1984. Mostly stock (pistons, crank, rods etc.) The camshaft was replace with a Crane econopower cam with 484 lift and 280 duration. Everything else was original. That's when the 3.23's were replaced by 3.91's but I kept original sure-grip unit.

Back then, the car...and I, had quite a reputation in my school and in my area. I worked at a gas station and there were always a line of cars coming in to challenge one of us. All my friends and I worked there and we all had hot cars. Bob had a tri power GTO, Dave had a 442, Frank had a big block Chevelle, Mitch had a 440 Road Runner, Matt had a 440 Dart and of course me and my Dart. The stories I could tell would fill a book. I was able to get the car to the best time of 12.98. What the car lacked in cubic inches I could make up with my shifting skills.

When you took the car apart, did you find any notes ? Everytime I restore a car I leave a note somewhere inside, it will have my name, address, phone number, the date and some history of the car. I don't remember if I put one in that car...I probably didn't because I never planned on selling it.

When you took the car apart, did you find any notes ? Everytime I restore a car I leave a note somewhere inside, it will have my name, address, phone number, the date and some history of the car. I don't remember if I put one in that car...I probably didn't because I never planned on selling it.

How are you doing John????????

How are you doing John????????

I try to stay positive...but it isn't easy most days. The doctor has recently changed my medication which seems to be helping some what for now...but then the last one worked in the begining too. I seem to be more depressed lately, but I am trying to work on that also. Thank you all for asking and checking in with me. I am so glad to have a second family here.

I try to stay positive...but it isn't easy most days. The doctor has recently changed my medication which seems to be helping some what for now...but then the last one worked in the begining too. I seem to be more depressed lately, but I am trying to work on that also. Thank you all for asking and checking in with me. I am so glad to have a second family here.

It's good to see you on the sight! Your second family is here for you, if you ever need to vent please don't hesitate to let it out or PM me if you want some one on one!!!

Hang in there and I hope the doctors find something to get you back in line! Do you get a chance to get outside in the sun much?

-
Back