restoring a 69 S

-

grjammer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
:violent1:

new member here, not new to mopar!..you would cringe at the two cars I beat up streeting when I was young, 70 super bee, bone stock..67 383 S cuda, highly modified.
I am building a new one, a 69 S notchback with some interesting codes I cant figure out.

Welcome! Posts pics of the car when you have a chance and either a pic or the info from the fender tag and you can get your answer from members here very quickly. Sounds like a cool car to build and I am more than curious and willing to help in any way I can. Look for a build sheet behind the back seat or perhaps under the carpet or behind the glove box.

Both of your cars from your younger days sound awesome too!

I know that BB-Dave and myself are partial to notchbacks, so great purchase! If it is a 4 speed I am jealous!

Also interested in seeing pics of your '69 Formula S notch build.
One of our Inland Mopars club members has a '69 Formula S fastback, factory 383/4-speed car that he's very proud of.

Nice options group on the car, light pkg, sport group, vinyl top,accent stripes, wide sill moldings, disc's, hvy duty 4 spd, HP 383, (cant figure the differential yet), have to get the car home first. still at the sellers place. I wonder if the road wheels are rare or useless, Love the high trim group, with white interior, my 67 had a white interior with split rear seats in the back. Not sure what they mean by belt and hood molding, must be the covers for seat belts and headliner edge. Was under the impression it was a matching numbers 383 in it but learned its a 69 383 but a replacement engine..bummed but not a deal killer, still be sweet.
Thanks to all that posted, I will do a nice journal once I roll it in. seller said he is giving me a truckload of parts and spares, hope I find some gems in those. I do share!!!

Did not purchase the notch, backed out because car was so rotted, repairs were bad..threw a lowball offer. just bought a 67 273 to play with instead

That car needs a full boogie resto. Don thinks he has Mopar gold...I would rather buy moparphillls and put an engine and tranny in...

Guess I'll have to buy another fish to build for a rat rod, The one I am picking up tomorrow is too nice to mod. Just decoded the tag and found out it is a 273 4bbl HP engine. 3.23 axle, will post pics soon as I learn how

My first 67 was white, but an S with a bb 4spd, this should be a great car to dress and not rat out, I plan to make a driver but keep it preserved. Its on CL, that's where I theefed the pics, not home till tomorrow, going to drive it 3 hours to get it here. :cheers:

Attachments

• newcuda.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 98
  • 273 HP.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 82
-
Back