Restoring Taillight Question

-

demon34071

FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of restoring (2) sets of Demon taillights and I need to know if the inside of the taillights are suppose to be painted in some sort of reflective paint? And if so what is it suppose to be?

I know a guy that restores them and he always uses white paint. As white is the most reflective.

I know a guy that restores them and he always uses white paint. As white is the most reflective.

I've never seen white inside of any these though....white would be an option though

Ive always seen a chrome or silver? i was going to use a chrome paint since the mirror reflection would be the best I would think you could get.

PM Slantsixdan. He will tell you exactly what you need.

He doesn't post much anymore but I have had him quickly reply to my PMs.

The original housings do have some sort of reflective/chrome looking paint from the factory.

In most light fixtures... Where there is a parabolic or bowl like cavity to direct the light outward silver is used. Where the cavity is shaped in another way such as a box and the light is to fill the box evenly or illuminate a lens evenly, white is used.

I scrubbed mine out with steel wool and sprayed them with chrome paint.
WAY brighter after that.
I also used candy red on the inside of the lense (red part) to darken the red from sun fade.
/6 Dan suggested a new number for bulb replacements for me (3496) I think.
Brighter and use a little less amps.
You pretty much HAVE to get them from a Honda dealership and you still have to ask for the genuine bulb with the nickle bases. (Most other places are Chineese knock offs) as /6 Dan told me.

The chrome paint.
The candy red if needed
3496 better quality, brighter bulbs

You wont be sorry.

In most light fixtures... Where there is a parabolic or bowl like cavity to direct the light outward silver is used. Where the cavity is shaped in another way such as a box and the light is to fill the box evenly or illuminate a lens evenly, white is used.

/6 Dan suggested a new number for bulb replacements for me (3496) I think.
Brighter and use a little less amps.
You pretty much HAVE to get them from a Honda dealership and you still have to ask for the genuine bulb with the nickle bases. (Most other places are Chineese knock offs) as /6 Dan told me.

Correct and correct.

-
Back