Results...............

-

lenweiler

Reaction score
We went to test 'n tune last night. Air was good, track was cold. We also ran with the MT radials, since we weren't really out to prove anything.
I asked Zack (my son) to 1-2 shift at 4500 and not to exceed 5 grand through the traps. The time was, 11.89@ 101 MPH. He actually let right up on the gas, and and give 'er a shot across the line.......... I figured things looked promising.
2nd pass, and he was short shifting at 5500, and crossing the line with the foot to the kitchen. Time was........ 10.87@123 MPH. Think it's safe to say we haven't tapped the real power of this little bugger.
Funny. It had a lot of guys at the track scratching their heads. No open headers and street tires. WTF!
It was worth the wait........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1tXMJ8AzHQ

Short shifting @ 550 and a this is what you get. "10.87@123 MPH." shez. I think I need that motor in my car. He heh e.
Sound great!!!!!!

Oh yeah, there should be some mid tens in there for sure, maybe more.

When I was trying to slow my car down to run 11.00 short shifting it didn't make a big difference. The torque curve must be really flat.

I got a chill reading your thread !!!
Hay Zank !! It don't get better then having a mopar dad that has a son to enjoy his addiction with. You must be very responsible and good at the lights.
Sound's like you got the motor going your way Guitar Jones.:D
If I was in the crowed I would scratch my head too.
Congratulations on a good test and tune night.:D

Thanks Mike. The 60 fts still suck. Looks like we got lots to work on. Least the mill didn't blow!

Thanks Mike. The 60 fts still suck. Looks like we got lots to work on. Least the mill didn't blow!

Congrats sounding real good. I figured somewhere in the high 10s - guess it has a bit more.

Curious about you comment on only running MT radials as they have a rep of being as good as or better than slicks. :confused:

Anyway - enjoy.

The cheater's likely have more bite......... I'm really hoping for low 10's by the end of the summer. I don't know if that's realistic, but we all have to have something to reach for.......... I added a soso clip to the thread.

Congratulations man. Sounds like some really great times and you still have alot left in her.:cheers:

Remember that M/T drag radials have a stiffer sidewall. Its not that they dont hook as good as slicks they just need a different chassis tune.

i bet the guys scratching their heads drove chivy's and ferd's!! good runnin' dart. keep us posted when you go all out.

-
Back