Resurrecting Mom's Duster

-
@MomsDuster my engine combo is very similar to yours, was wondering if you'd bothered seeing what your MPG is? Yeah I know, big block mopar, who cares. I'm trying to decide on what size fuel cell to order to make sure I have at least a 250 mile range.
12 has been the best so far. I’m usually getting 8-10. But to be honest Ive never got the cruise AFR squared away with the Edelbrock.

12 has been the best so far. I’m usually getting 8-10. But to be honest Ive never got the cruise AFR squared away with the Edelbrock.
sweet, thanks. that gives me a rough starting point then. I'll be running EFI so i should get a bit better. But i'll figure it for 12 mpg. I'm not running a spare tire so I have plenty of room for whatever size. Right now, I have a 38 gallon tank from an 84 Ram 350 van shoved up in place and its HUGE but fits.

@MomsDuster my engine combo is very similar to yours, was wondering if you'd bothered seeing what your MPG is? Yeah I know, big block mopar, who cares. I'm trying to decide on what size fuel cell to order to make sure I have at least a 250 mile range.

Friend had a '68 A108 with a repurposed 440 and TF from the CHP. 2.73s, 23 mpg pulling his race buggy :lol:.

Friend had a '68 A108 with a repurposed 440 and TF from the CHP. 2.73s, 23 mpg pulling his race buggy
Watch it! Some folks will accuse you of being one of those "free energy conspiracy freaks"!

I’ve been working on an big change over in the Duster. Not sure how it will go over here. Phase 1 is complete and the car is driving nice! There are more changes in the works, but I’ll probably just enjoy it as is for the summer before taking the next step.

FE6CE039-50F8-4DE0-B6D3-674B3D3FE8F7.jpeg

D38B95EF-59A6-4AF7-8F6C-6E825C21DD14.jpeg

13CFC8C2-941C-45E9-8798-4F5960013479.jpeg

Well it's not something I'd do to my own car but it is definitely cool!. Are the modifications easily reversible if you chose to?

Cley

Well it's not something I'd do to my own car but it is definitely cool!. Are the modifications easily reversible if you chose to?

Cley
Reversible….yes. Easily……Eh wouldn’t go as far as to say easy. But with some cutting and welding it is doable.

When did the straight axle come to pass? I so jealous :(

:lol:
It’s been in the works for a year or so now. Did a lot of research and talking with folks who have actually done it successfully. Then pulled the trigger a few months back. Took my time, and had to mock it up countless times, but it’s finally driving. Really digging it!

With, I have a QA1 k member, so I tied the frame, k member and front spring hangers together with 2x3 box tube. Still able to use factory steering box.

I have been leaning that tube axle direction for the Swinger. 4" drop axle I was thinkin'. Good to know the K member can remain and steering box can be used. Flip the spring perches on the diff.

I’ve been told the proper terminology is “Street Freak”
street freak is when the back is at least as high as the front, you have a gasser there now and very cool it looks too :thumbsup:
'in the day' they were like that for better weight transfer on the launch because of the crappy tyres they had then.
neil.

-
Back