Resurrecting Mom's Duster

-
Sorry about your set back. Car looks amazing.
Thanks! Yeah it was a bummer. The car has 60 miles on it. Glad it was all caught early and I’m able to get it done right. I’ve learned a lot from it so I’ll look at all as positive thing. Expensive (in my world) but worth it in the long run. :thumbsup:

Thanks! Yeah it was a bummer. The car has 60 miles on it. Glad it was all caught early and I’m able to get it done right. I’ve learned a lot from it so I’ll look at all as positive thing. Expensive (in my world) but worth it in the long run. :thumbsup:
They say whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Looks to be true for your motor!

Wait, it happened again?!
No, it happened a couple weeks ago. I just posted it on this thread today. After the oil pump started leaking I decided to just upgrade the rockers while it was down. Was researching rockers when I stumbled across posts from Mike @B3RE he is helping me see the light! A good guy, smart and wealth of knowledge with Mopar valve train.

Ok folks quick update. Got the PRW 1.6 rockers and geometry correcting kit from Mike at B3 Racing Engines installed. While I was in there I also put in a Power Master alternator and a high volume water pump and thermostat and the leaking oil pump. Got her up and running. Took her out for a shake down cruise. Seems to run good, the oil pressure is better 25-30 @ idle and 50+ off idle with no leaks. The water temp is good, and when the fans come on I finally have 13+ volts at idle! Not going to get too excited yet but I am cautiously optimistic. A big shout out to Mike @B3RE for his patience and expertise. Great guy to work with. Also want to give a big shout out to Jesus, for His blessings on my life and giving me the patience and ability to enjoy this hobby.
Thank You Jesus!

5208B291-727C-497A-BA11-069E1EDDC420.jpeg

4E689455-D139-481C-9EC8-B58704200BCE.jpeg

628E0043-6143-4555-A97D-7A9345FBF44F.jpeg

Bahama yellow is a rarity on that car in a twister, it's one of my favorite color combinations on just about anything, looks good with black or white. You definitely have a lot to be proud of...

Very cool! This is the first time I have gone through your thread. Great color combo on your car. Looks like you have a nice ride there.

Looking good,
I seriously have no excuse for not even starting my car this year, it is sitting in a storage building on top of the hill, where the local car gathering happens every Saturday night.
I need to get over to the storage building and at least start the old girl up.
This month may give me a reason, the safety inspection runs out on the windshield, so at least a good reason to drive the car since it is tagged and insured.

So I decided to jump in on the fun of recording and posting a video of the Jalopy’s idle. So I figure I’ll do a cold start. So much for my videographer skills. Still sounds pretty good imo.

Did a little Covid 19 spicing up. As with the rest of the car, Its not perfect, in fact far from it. But looks a little better. IMO

9D80C392-E2A7-45CB-B7D7-1FB4D905BACA.jpeg

D61FAD05-F086-43A4-A76D-C404DFDB9F9F.jpeg

B6F7A653-B395-404C-8882-EFFC48FDA54D.jpeg

-
Back