Resurrecting Mom's Duster

-
What did you end up doing along the rear edge and under the latch structure? I've got mine rough cut out, but haven't gone to clean up the back edge yet and it's looking like it will take some work.
I took the easy way out, I cut out the latch structure and replace the whole assembly.

IMG_2883.JPG

Got a couple of progress reports. I bit the bulllet and got the wheels and tires. Vision 561 in a 15x8 with 255/60-15 Cooper Cobras in the rear and 15x4 with 165/80-15 littles up front. I dig it!:thumbsup:

IMG_2884.JPG

IMG_2915.JPG

IMG_2914.JPG

Today I set the motor in, love the way it dropped the front. Will need to be adjusted for sure! That oil pan is a bit on the low side! Getting stoked about the whole project. Its always a good feeling when you can actually see forward progress!

IMG_2926.JPG

IMG_2928.JPG

IMG_2927.JPG

IMG_2925.JPG

IMG_2929.JPG

IMG_2924.JPG

IMG_2930.JPG

IMG_2933.JPG

May I suggest the Milodon road race oil pan......around 5-1/4 deep or about 1-3/4" shallower., but still 7 qt capacity. Small and big blocks alike, the bottom of the sump lines up well with the bottom of the collector flanges.....perfect for the lowered front end. Added bonus of trap doors to keep the oil from sloshing around.

Looks great, around here that oil pan would not last 5 miles on WV roads.

Are you planning on keeping the original butterscotch color, 2 scoops, twister graphics and a set of rallye wheels on it as a tribute to how it was when mom had it, maybe even restore and run the original plates.

Last edited:
Are you planning on keeping the original butterscotch color, 2 scoops, twister graphics and a set of rallye wheels on it as a tribute to how it was when mom had it, maybe even restore and run the original plates.
Not going to touch the exterior body at this time. As for the wheels, no. The rally's would be great and correct in a "restoration". This car in no way, shape or form is a restoration.

Tank is almost ready to stuff in. Waiting for the filler neck to trunk floor seal and the weatherpack connectors for the sending unit and fuel pump.

IMG_3072.JPG

IMG_3073.JPG

Nothing new, hopefully getting the trans in this weekend. Been a slow ordeal with life and such getting in the way. But pressing on slowly. Thanks for checking in! :thumbsup:
awesome no problem, i was just wondering how the bad *** restore was going

Ok, made a bit of progress. Radiator in, fans in, water pump and pulleys in battery tray modified and in. Getting closer to breaking the motor in. :)

25454244-6CD6-49D3-8F4F-7273F30BA1F5.jpeg

1080C68A-C77E-49A1-A822-34FD31D9F882.jpeg

DBE50645-14EB-4286-9B55-52C3ED157CE0.jpeg

430A8AE1-712E-4839-8D4B-789924E3EE50.jpeg

C9413DE7-63CA-457D-B3AD-8E15346FFCC3.jpeg

that looks beautiful man, do you know where you got that intake and what the part number is?
I acquired that manifold in a combo deal with a trans and bunch of other parts. He had started polishing it and never finished. I kinda like the semi polished look of it myself. It’s an Edelbrock TM7.

I acquired that manifold in a combo deal with a trans and bunch of other parts. He had started polishing it and never finished. I kinda like the semi polished look of it myself. It’s an Edelbrock TM7.
thats a sweet deal and i like the way that thing looks too, thanks man

Quick update: Engine broken in and running pretty good. Idle is set, IAC in spec. AFR looking good for now. Moving along nicely.

image.jpg

-
Back