retractable seatbelts

-

74duster

Reaction score
I'm having trouble with the passenger side retractable seatbelt in my Duster. The problem is that it is very difficult to get the belt to pull out of the mechanisms. It seems like when the shoulder belt will come out, the lap belt won't- and then the other way around, also. You can usually get one or the other to come out, but trying to get them both at the same time is difficult and frustrating.
The driver side belt used to have the same problem, but a heavy spraying of silicon spray on the mechanism took care of it. The silicon does nothing at all for the passenger side.
Anyone else have this problem? And, does anyone have a soultion?

Welcome to my world. Both do this on our dart. You have to try and pull slow and smooth and make a wide pull before trying to buckle it. They are the crappiest retractable seat belts I have ever used. They get so figgin frustrating :(

I was hoping someone had a helpful response, digging this post up to see if we can find one......

After repeated soakings with silicone spray, both sides are now workable. You still have to mess around with them a few times to get them to go, but at least now it's possible.
I will eventually get new ones, but for now they will have to do.

-
Back