Retractable shoulder belt for 68 Cuda

-

MrJLR

Built, not bought
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My 68 Cuda has retractable lap belts, but the shoulder harness does not.
It has that stupid slotted clip that connects it to the lap belt.....
It's very annoying!
What's everybody doing for this?

Look up part #555-70085 at Jegs.$73.99 each for a 3 point retractable belt with chrome lift latch.Looks alot like factory. I am installing a pair in my 68 Valiant.

Look up part #555-70085 at Jegs.$73.99 each for a 3 point retractable belt with chrome lift latch.Looks alot like factory. I am installing a pair in my 68 Valiant.

Awesome! Thank you!
They should fit huh?

Jeff

Damn dude, your a life saver! 73+ belts are a pain in the ***, they ALWAYS lock up when extending them out around you!

I see Summit has some fire here too...

Make sure the 3 point belts you buy include a drop loop at the roof attach point ( most commonly seen in vans ). They will be more comfortable

Don't you have the male part of the buckle that goes under the sun visor mount that the belt buckle is supposed to go to when it's not used?

What is a "drop loop" ?

There is a more accurate name for it I'm sure.
It attaches to the roof. It lowers the point where the belt turns around down closer to your shoulder. Without it the shoulder belt runs closer to your ear. You don't absolutely have to have it but... if you're going with aftermarket belts, may as well.

There is a more accurate name for it I'm sure.
It attaches to the roof. It lowers the point where the belt turns around down closer to your shoulder. Without it the shoulder belt runs closer to your ear. You don't absolutely have to have it but... if you're going with aftermarket belts, may as well.

Ohhhhhh.....ok - now I get what you mean!
Good point!

-
Back