Retro roller 360

-

vje55

Reaction score
Hey all, I know that a lot of this stuff has been thrown around, I am building a 360 stroker, thinking about using a BPE 4.125 crank, what is the tried and proven retro fitting mechanical roller cam and drop in roller lifters, looking for about 600 - 620 lift? I am from down under...........:drinkers::drinkers::drinkers::drinkers:

Personally I won't use a solid roller without bushing the lifter bores. But, there are lots taht do - Brian as mentioned has a prvoen drop in lifter (made by Comp for him) and if you do a search you should find I think it's MRL on this board also has come out with a new design drop in solid roller.

Moper what's the cost of bushing the lifter bores and why wouldn't you run a solid roller without?

contact mike at mrl performance he is a member here and does this everyday he will give you solid information

Hey VJ
MRL has some drop in solid rollers out now and can hook you up with a cam to match.
What work have you done to your Eddy heads?

contact mike at mrl performance he is a member here and does this everyday he will give you solid information

Mikes a good option I would have went with but I already bought hughes solid roller drop-ins before his came out. I haven't fired mine yet, so nothing to report yet but I haven't heard anything negative about them and they definately do drop in and a good price. I did bush my lifter bores, I definately recommend that. Added oil control and strength for the bore since they sit at 59* and when open to the galley it leaves a weak spot since pressure coming back against the lifter will push against bottom side of the bore.
My cam is .643" lift with 1.6:1 rockers.

Shot him an email, waiting,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,waiting,,,,,,,,,,,,,L4staero, head has been ported, no flow figures, but on std stroke 360 with flat tappet .500 ish lift cam made 410 RWHP.

Shot him an email, waiting,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,waiting,,,,,,,,,,,,,L4staero, head has been ported, no flow figures, but on std stroke 360 with flat tappet .500 ish lift cam made 410 RWHP.

Well 410RWHP is about 500 HP on the engine so the heads must be working well.
Have u got a cam chosen yet? Which?

Our lifters are better than the rest because we designed them to fit any SBM, and they have a DEEP pushrod seat to help out the angle of the pushrod on the 59* blocks. I have test fit many blocks and they work great. Plus ours oil thru the pushrod if you need it and oil the roller. They drop in and are made from the best material. The best part, they are compairable to lifters cost twice as much.

Look here: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=192303

Thanks for the email and info Mike, will go with your stuff as soon as I hear back from DJVCUDA, he's said he'll send through the info for his build with the 4.125 stroker but not heard anymore,,,,,,,bummer. Does anyone have the contact details of the guy selling these kits please.

Brian

-
Back