Status
Not open for further replies.

momoparman

MOISMYHOME
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking for a set of 69 barracuda reverse light sockets. I have the chrome bezels just need the sockets.

Must be in working order. I can clean them up if they are dirty or slightly rusty.

As long as the socket works and the wire lead is intact.

PM me and show me pics if you have them please.

Thanks.

Mop

Ill take a look today, I believe I have a pair. Ill get back to ya

Thanks

I can't believe that I'm almost to the end of the build and have no recollection as to what happened to the old ones....:wack:

Can't remember if I stashed them away or if they were to bad to recycle.

Gettin old sux

Thanks

I can't believe that I'm almost to the end of the build and have no recollection as to what happened to the old ones....:wack:

Can't remember if I stashed them away or if they were to bad to recycle.

Gettin old sux
I hear ya, I checked & I cant find the ones I thought I had. I know I have them but for the life of me I cant find them. LOL:wack:

Yeah that is the socket number, you'll have to find them used, but usually they are pretty rusted. I'll keep my eyes open!!!

Yes....I know they are not reproducing them.

I don't mind if they are rusty as long as they are complete and working.

Anyone?

I've got a spare but the one wouldn't help unless someone else will turn loose of one.
FYI If you look closely at the pics in that other thread you'll find the one with a blue wire has likely been doctored. Looks like some sort of gasket or similar where the socket meets the globe. Since this is a chassis ground fixture that bulb may or may not burn. The original socket was crimped into the globe metal to metal ( purple wire ).
A replacement socket could be about any similar in size so long as it has 2 wires, hot and ground. The globes could then be homemade from plastic. Using LED bulb that wouldn't melt the plastic of course.
I never expect the aftermarket to do anything other than have the Chinaman closely reproduce OEM from a sample and have us pay dearly for it.

I am starting to lean the way of modification or made up parts.

I was looking at some LED stuff yesterday and thinking the same thing.....just rig up something that will work as you wont see the socket anyway.

I would like to have the stock sockets but if I cant find them them I'm moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back