Reverse valve body?

-

4mopwr

Reaction score
Is there any way to check if a valve body has a reverse shift pattern, without driving the car?
The trans is out of the car and the pan is off.

All reverse pattern valve bodies I've seen have the throttle pressure (kickdown linkage) eliminated. On stock valve bodies there is a smaller shaft sticking up out of the middle of the shift linkage shaft. If it's a manual reverse VB there will probably be no inner shaft sticking out. If there is take a picture of the valve body and post it

All reverse pattern valve bodies I've seen have the throttle pressure (kickdown linkage) eliminated. On stock valve bodies there is a smaller shaft sticking up out of the middle of the shift linkage shaft. If it's a manual reverse VB there will probably be no inner shaft sticking out. If there is take a picture of the valve body and post it
There is no smaller shaft sticking out. You can still have manual standard pattern not reversed, correct?

There is no smaller shaft sticking out. You can still have manual standard pattern not reversed, correct?
CORRECT...you have a manual for sure...but forward/reverse has not been determined yet.

Even owning both, i cant say that if I had them both in my hands i could tell you which is which.lol Besides a PN. That would obviously tell you exactly what you have. Perhaps a trans guru could explain what moving parts to look for if you were in the first detent position behind Neutral... ( which would be 1 or 3).

Is there a part number on it anywhere?
The only pn# on the Vb is a Chrysler one.

The "business" that built the trans modified the stock VB which I heard a lot of them do.
I tried calling this business twice and each time all I got was "jerk off" replys.
So for any of my builds, my money will go to the west coast to Pro Trans.

View attachment 1715001912

20160526_164853.jpg

That is correct that they start with a stock valve body to make it manual shift. If you unbolt it and turn it over the separator plate will usually have the model and/or part number of what it is stamped or engraved into it

-
Back