Reward

-

like_A_pike

that's not factory
Reaction score
anyone seen one of these for the driver's side of the timing chain cover. Looks like they were typically cast into it. I can almost mount it backwards but......

thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0909.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 280
May be from a '68. I'm not sure but I believe the water pump was on the other side requiring the Tab. I'll look around for one.

Hmm, the motor I've got in my dart has one like that. it's out of a '67 belvedere. So it's one of the earliest 318's.

Though, it's utterly useless, since my 318 has something wrong between the crank keyway, the harmonic balancer, and the timing tab, where it only runs with the timing mark about 120 degrees before the timing tab. (put a timiing light on it while it's running, and the timing mark is down by the k-member.) Which I think is kinda strange.

anyone seen one of these for the driver's side of the timing chain cover. Looks like they were typically cast into it. I can almost mount it backwards but......

thanks
My 1965 &1967 273 have this one because the water pump inlet is on the driver's side

my 67 318 has one ....its a tad different , but basically the same

Attachments

• tms.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 204
I have one on the drivers side of my 440. It's a 1968 440 hp block. Want a picture of it?

Thanks, I'll look harder at the aftermarket big block tabs and see if I can make one work.

(73AbodEE) my 67 318 has one ....its a tad different , but basically the same

yours fits much better then this one ever did on my 360. thanks

lAp

stock 64-65 273 piece, I just gave one away last week....

stock 64-65 273 piece, I just gave one away last week....

I'll look at those cuz I'd bet the water pump is more similar than a big block.

seabee, yes in fact the one I started with had it cast into the cover. I'm using the one off my 360 due to a slight miscalculation with seal removal
#$@$%

I don't think the 64-5 piece will help you since it was on the passenger side (just like the one you posted). I currently don't have a timing mark because I have an early timing cover (for cast iron water pumps) with a late (aluminum) water pump and had to remove the one like in the original picture because it interfered with the late water pump.

-
Back