rewire help

-

daredevil

Reaction score
I installed a one wire alternator. I ran the feed from alt. to the starter relay. then where I cut the original amp gauge feed I wired a fusible link to the hot relay post to feed the amp gauge wire.I deleted the amp gauge and connected wires solid. Now I wired the switch wire to my msd to the ign start?terminal in the starter switch. Heres my question.Do i need to wire the ign.2 run? wire together with ign start? to keep the box on while cranking and running. I deleted the voltage regulator black box and the ballast so I think start and run ign wires should connect to small red on msd and i have a 10 gauge hot to box primary. Can anyone follow what i,m doing to tell me if this is correct.

And I have to ask WHY? A simple Nippondenso alternator transplant and one additional 10ga wire from the alt to the starter relay is all that is needed to have a reliable alternator and take the heat off the bulkhead connector...

It cleans up the firewall, no regulator and no leave you on the side of the road in the rain ballast. msd,s hidden behind glove box and distributor wires run under intake.I want my car as clean under the hood as yours is outside.

heres where i started cleaning

Attachments

• Picture 482 (Large).jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 214
Understood, just more than one way to skin the cat. Nippo alt is internally regulated...Its funny how everyone talks about the balast resister burning out, in 25years I've never seen one go bad..

Yes ignition wires need to be connected together.

Yes ignition wires need to be connected together.

Thanks , this is what I thought but was wndering if backfeeding the switch was a problem. Apreciate your answer Thanks for your fine advice too g machine. This may help another fabo member who happens across this thread while searching for answers.

-
Back