RHS LA X heads and 3/8 pushrods

-

highwaystar

Reaction score
Hi Engine builders,
Looking for the guys that have experience with using 3/8 pushrods in the RHS X heads. I am using the PRW 1.6 stainless rockers with valve lift right at about 605 lift. At max lift the clearance on the exhaust side is minimal .003. The intake pushrod hole comes up further to the valve gasket rail, and the pinch is even tighter. Has anyone run into similar problems? The angle from rocker to lifter creates the clearance issue closer to top, and then it opens up closer to the lifter. slight rub bad? If so what's the fix? die grinder or machine shop to recess (open)the holes up top?
Thanks for any help.
T.J.

I like the answer from Hughes engines. Apply tape around me the pushrod, if it stays on the pushrod, you have clearance.
Reference there site.
Click here ---> Hughesengines.com

I like the answer from Hughes engines. Apply tape around me the pushrod, if it stays on the pushrod, you have clearance.
Reference there site.
Click here ---> Hughesengines.com

Id feel better if it cleared with three pieces of tape wrapped around it. LOL

Hi Engine builders,
Looking for the guys that have experience with using 3/8 pushrods in the RHS X heads. I am using the PRW 1.6 stainless rockers with valve lift right at about 605 lift. At max lift the clearance on the exhaust side is minimal .003. The intake pushrod hole comes up further to the valve gasket rail, and the pinch is even tighter. Has anyone run into similar problems? The angle from rocker to lifter creates the clearance issue closer to top, and then it opens up closer to the lifter. slight rub bad? If so what's the fix? die grinder or machine shop to recess (open)the holes up top?
Thanks for any help.
T.J.

did you have to clearance your pushrod holes?
got some RHS X-heads and wondering if I should grind the pushrod holes a bit before I have the machine shop clean them up. probably going to run about .548 lift solid with 1.5 rockers...

did you have to clearance your pushrod holes?
got some RHS X-heads and wondering if I should grind the pushrod holes a bit before I have the machine shop clean them up. probably going to run about .548 lift solid with 1.5 rockers...
No. I went by the tape method, and had the clearance. Street/strip car. Raced that motor a whole season with no problems.

-
Back