Rim alternates

-

schwinger

1972 Dodge Dart Swinger
Reaction score
wondering what other rims are available from other darts, valiants or dusters that are alittle wider for a small bolt pattern than the stock 1972 sbp rims.

Not much. They're out there, but its like finding a needle if a hay field.

I'm not sure. It was only a thought that just recently came to mind. I'm sure a machine shop could make them

DO NOT use adapter plates! I used them many years ago on my 69 340 Swinger. The front ones wound up coming loose and cracked both drums. The rear ones managed to stay tight. Also they push the tires into the fender lips. I had to take a hammer and smash the crap out of the fenders and quarters and the bottom front edge of both the front fenders. Back then I didn't regret doing that, but as years went by, I really started regretting doing it. Now it's in the paint shop and painter/body man is able to fix all that which I'm grateful for.

Kenny

you can have custom steel wheels made, (not overly spendy) or as stated earlier, there are some wider custom ones out there. I had a set of 14x7 aluminum slots I sold recently, they are out there but there are not a lot of them...
Yes, they make adapters...

-
Back