Status
Not open for further replies.

beepahh

Dart runner
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking for a 1970 only Dart Swinger rim blow steering wheel in working condition preferably black.....I know this may be a hard one to find but putting it out here look in your attics please thanks for the help....

I thought the rimblow wheels were all woodgrain.....hmmm

badlilred79.......an NOS one wow 8)

wow that would be great....if a bag full of money fell out of a truck LOL...thanks for the responce...would really love it ....to pricy for me will keep it in mind....it is black right and has a dart emblem on th right side correct?

thanks joe

wow that would be great....if a bag full of money fell out of a truck LOL...thanks for the responce...would really love it ....to pricy for me will keep it in mind....it is black right and has a dart emblem on th right side correct?

thanks joe

You should post of picture of one as an example. I think that would help a lot. Those are not very common.

You do see them on C-bodies and even 71 B's. But they won't have that Dart emblem. They should sell for less than the E-body type woodgrain ones.

Someone might have one laying around off of a parted C-body and it would get you in business until you find a Dart center pad or modify a pad with the right emblem.

this is a nos wheel and horn button we purchase from a dealership (warner motor company)in 1979 with alot of other nos parts . the box has fell apart and the horn button box is still together 2000. or obo mike

IMG_8166.jpg

IMG_8167.jpg

IMG_8168.jpg

IMG_8169.jpg

IMG_8170.jpg

IMG_8171.jpg

Grant makes a steering wheel that looks very similar to an original mopar tuff wheel, in black and wood grain. I think the website the website is grantproducts.com
Rod

I've got a rim blow from my 71 dart for sale... PM me for pics or more details

this is a nos wheel and horn button we purchase from a dealership (warner motor company)in 1979 with alot of other nos parts . the box has fell apart and the horn button box is still together 2000. or obo mike

I don't think that is the 70 Dart wheel the original poster is talking about. I think that is a 70-71 E-body and 71 A-body wheel. I think that is a specific center cap 70 Dodge Challenger: http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/DealershipDataBook/1970/70_Challenger0010.jpg As opposed to the 71 Challenger or Charger one.

The S83 code 70 Swinger rim blow has two wide spokes with a wide padded center. Lower right hand corner.

70_Dart0008.jpg

Here's a 71 S62 two spoke rim blow in the 71 Charger Data Book. Different pad than the 70 Dart one above. Funny how it says N/A with console. Wonder why that is? http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/DealershipDataBook/1971/71_Charger0010.jpg Same for 71 Satellite's: http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/DealershipDataBook/1971/71_Satellite_9.jpg

autoxcuda you are 100% right on your reshearch....perfect match s83 code I will post a pic of the wheel i have.....been using a 1971 wheel for now....would really like to find this one thou ...thanks for yuor help in the scifering department....cool people on this site....later ...Joe

beepah there a guy over on moparts that has a c body one looks just like the one in the pics that autox posted hois handle there is wingcars6970 i brelieve he had it posted in the wiw section

thanks azmopar will look for it again thanks......i am tring to put this dart back to original as much as possible....the steering wheel has it's turn now..

autoxcuda you are 100% right on your reshearch....perfect match s83 code I will post a pic of the wheel i have.....been using a 1971 wheel for now....would really like to find this one thou ...thanks for yuor help in the scifering department....cool people on this site....later ...Joe

Is the center pad the only difference the 71 wheel from the 70 wheel ?? Is it just a pad swap deal.

beepah there a guy over on moparts that has a c body one looks just like the one in the pics that autox posted hois handle there is wingcars6970 i brelieve he had it posted in the wiw section

I figured this a part people might have around but not really know about. It's an obscure option on 70 A and B Bodies (I've seen a 70 Charger with one too). But more common on C-bodies that people may have parted over the years and have laying around.

Pictures tell a thousand words!!

Above you mentioned looking for one with "Dart" on the pad. I've never seen one like that. They have all said "Dodge" like the one above, or "Imperial", obviously in one of those. I've had two 70 Swingers that had that wheel. One was my first car, with a T5 bronze wheel (still have it) and the other was a B5 car with a B5 interior. I sold that car to my cousin and the wheel is still in it. The wheel I have isn't in the greatest shape anymore. It used to work when I pulled it but less than ideal storage environments have taken their toll on it.

thanks for the reply.....you are right about the dodge emblem on it...do you have a picture of the wheel?

Good Day

You still sell the Code S 83 Woodgrain Steering Wheel for the Dodge Challanger 1970 ?

Thanks
Michael

.................I have a black wheel with the 2 spokes and pad [S83 style]but I would swear it is not wood..........I wont be able to get to it till spring. its in a 70 swinger 340 car, serial # LM23HOR...... it does say something on the right side not sure but I think it is dart, but it could also be dodge..........kim......

That might be the only one in the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back