ring end gap

-

hampton123

Reaction score
I have been searching the forums for an answer on my ring gaps. I plan on running around 8psi, however I will not be running boost for the first 6 months or so. (I'm really just tired of the dart not running) Is there a middle ground for ring end gaps? Will it run ok if I gap them for boost and don't have boost?

Yes it will be fine. Gap them for boost.

ok so if i remember correctly I should get the file to fit rings from sealed power? and gap .005xbore? I need to redo my search to make sure my numbers are right

I would research to see what Sealed Power recommends. Each manufacturer has a little different recommendations depending on the piston metal makeup.

I would research to see what Sealed Power recommends. Each manufacturer has a little different recommendations depending on the piston metal makeup.

x2.
It's a combination of piston ring and piston manufacturers. Also - you should gap for boost. You will lose very little running naturally aspirated that way and you run a real risk of damaging rings or pistons if you run naturally aspirated gaps under boost.

x2.
It's a combination of piston ring and piston manufacturers. Also - you should gap for boost. You will lose very little running naturally aspirated that way and you run a real risk of damaging rings or pistons if you run naturally aspirated gaps under boost.

Good advice, I think!:cheers:

-
Back