RIP Ronnie James Dio

-
this week is dio week took all my cds to work to listen to
all the dio
all the black sabbath
all the rainbow
all the elf

Saw Dio last year on the heaven and hell tour, and let me say he sounded his best! he blew me away! his singing never got bad! i cant believe Ozzy is going to outlive DIO now...ozzy is fried and has ruined his career imo booting wylde and bordin and replacing them with the goofball industrial metal lineup..

regardless though, Dio's music speaks to the soul...you wont se much about him because of the stigma of "heavy metal"...everybody judges the music knowing nothing about it...Dio's lyrics were some of the best ever, they empowered you inside!

Been playing dio all day today cutting grass at work! Gonna keep it going too!
RIP DIO!

I bought my first A body in 84' when I was 17 . It was a 69' convertible GT Dart with a 318 for $200 bucks. Everything factory stock except for the 8-track tape player .

After I bought it I was going over it looking for any left-over goodies that the previous owner may have left behind ....nothing in the trunk or under the seats . Then I popped open the glovebox and inside was one 8-track....Black Sabbath's , Heaven and Hell with Ronnie James Dio......SCORE !!!

Since that was the only 8 track tape I had... that summer was spent cruisin' with the top down , listening to Dio/Sabbath , smokin' bongs and drinkin' beer !!! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

If I was really stoned the 3 and a 1/2 foot bong would ride shotgun ( seat belted in of course ) but most of the time it was hidden in the folds of the convertible top... when it was down !!!

And here is a little secret for owners of A-Bodies only...The Beer on the other hand was hidden up in the cowl vent...via those little vent doors under the dash . Six beers stuffed up each side ....the beers would actually dispense just like a pop machine ....talk about the ultimate hiding spot for a 12 pack !!! There was a rust hole in the floor pan for inconspicuous diposal of the empty cans ( the evidence ) ! Disclaimer : Crossram does not endorse Drinking and Driving

Frequently got pulled over by the Cops who performed many illegal search and seizures..... but they never did get any seizures...Ha ! Ha ! Good thing they never looked outside the car in the cowl vent between the wiper blades ( if you had a full 12 pack hidden you could see the beers in the vent between the back of the hood and the bottom of the windshield ) !

Anyway that was one of the best summers of my life....good times...cruisin , boozin' ,and listening to Dio .....Rest in peace Ronnie ....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOyFE-1LAI0"]YouTube- 1983 Ronnie James Dio "Man On The Silver Mtn" (Rock Palace)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEV4Tov1GBM"]YouTube- Dio-The Last In Line[/ame]

( Photo is me doing yard work in the Dart.... across from "High" School )

Scan_Pic0012 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhe1SuBGkiA"]YouTube- black sabbath - neon knights[/ame]

THE BEST

A very sad, sad, day indeed. I saw Dio a long time ago in a local bar when he opened for Yngwie Malmstein. He totally rocked that show. Unfortunately I never got to see him again. His body may be gone but his music will live on forever. RIP RJD.

Wylde1.

Dio with then 18 year old Rowan Robertson on guitar.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psXljoRgCSQ"]YouTube- dio hey angel[/ame]

Dio in control in the studio
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLmYh20t_lo&feature=related"]YouTube- RONNIE JAMES DIO - IN THE STUDIO[/ame]

Ronnie is my favorite hard rock singer. I had the pleasure of seeing him perform live 6 times. First time in 1980 on the black and blue tour, in the mid 80's with Dio, again with Sabbath on the dehumanizer tour (which if you dont have a copy of - you should -its excellent), and then each of the last three years with Heaven and Hell. I converted my wife to a hard rock fan with the first dio/sabbath album (heaven and hell). We had to play the dio years sabbath cd this evening. It brought tears to my eyes to think he is gone. He will be sorely missed by all in the world of hard rock. RIP. Hopefully he is somewhere better jamming with Hendrix and all the rest up there.

Am I really THAT old? DAMN!
I remember watching all his vids on MTV when I was 10 or 11. I'm 37 now....wow.
How time flies.

Very sad day indeed.
There will never be another like him. That's for sure.

Yea this sucks!, Dio was my all time favorite Heavy Metal singer. I've seen him more than a few times since the 80's. He always put on a Killer show!!!! That voice just cut through you!
The last two weeks on the way to work I kept listening to a CD that has Dio singing Aerosmiths "Dream On" on it. I played that song every day. Somehow those lyrics mean something more now.
I'll be cranking up Dio all week on the way to and from work.

R.I.P Ronnie James Dio
Thanks for the Great music :notworth: :supz:

dio was a true great metal singer. it was in his heart and blood and never waivered from it. i have said it before. when all of the 70's and 80's bands are gone there is at least to me no new bands to pass the torch to. very few of the new generation will ever hold a candle to the true metal gods. alot of the older bands are hanging on now so you need to go and see them for the first time or the last time before they are gone!! r.i.p. ronnie ......

RIP Ronnie James Dio, You have gave us so many memories and added to the good and great musicians we got to enjoy in our life, It's so hard to see so many good folks pass that has been in our lives, Thank you all for the memories I have not seen before.
I mist seeing him play in Florida back in about 1975 those where the days

I have played many dio tunes in the past, and have always had a very high amount of respect for his take on metal.All singers of metal and pure rock and roll understand what he was all about.
rest in peace brother.

Very sad to hear. I remember first hearing his vocals when he joined with Ritchie Blackmore in Rainbow, then Black Sabbath, then solo. Amazing range, always put 200% into his music. He will be missed.....
I have a long drive to a training class tomorrow - my co-worker is going to get an education in Metal on the way - I just loaded up a bunch of metal, with lots of Dio & Rainbow a little while ago. Farm boy may be looking for ear plugs for the ride back! LOL

Very sad to hear. I remember first hearing his vocals when he joined with Ritchie Blackmore in Rainbow, then Black Sabbath, then solo. Amazing range, always put 200% into his music. He will be missed.....
I have a long drive to a training class tomorrow - my co-worker is going to get an education in Metal on the way - I just loaded up a bunch of metal, with lots of Dio & Rainbow a little while ago. Farm boy may be looking for ear plugs for the ride back! LOL

Allright!

Teach that boy how to spot the sign of the southern cross.:angel12:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgjmxYL04V4"]YouTube- Black Sabbath-Sign Of The Southern Cross[/ame]

Ive got some "lock up the wolves" cranked through the earphones right now! LOVE the lyrics! Dio is the man!

"There's no back door to heaven, only a front door to hell, in your corner of the world!"

Ive got some "lock up the wolves" cranked through the earphones right now! LOVE the lyrics! Dio is the man!

"There's no back door to heaven, only a front door to hell, in your corner of the world!"

It's a crazy world we live in and I'm leaving it today...

For another institution where crazy people play...

So please don't ask me questions for the sins they say I've sinned.

So I can climb inside myself and ride into the wind on strange highways.

It's a crazy world we live in and I'm leaving it today...

For another institution where crazy people play...

So please don't ask me questions for the sins they say I've sinned.

So I can climb inside myself and ride into the wind on strange highways.

Love strange highways! the song and the cd! Some big tunes on there....

its a damn shame that this is what we are left with...pisses me off no new stuff will come out..still cant believe it...been listening to every dio song i have for the past two days in my earphones at work...just cant get enough

Here ya go, this always gets my blood pumping.

I like to think of this song as beauty and the beast with dio's vocal changes.

Look out.....the sky is falling down...look out!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJQQWbr4cXM&feature=related"]YouTube- Black Sabbath - Children of the Sea[/ame]

My god one of the very best ever, Ronnie we all ready miss you, he will be remembered for his heart and talent and what he did for metal.

-
Back