Ripped off on Moparts

-
Still no manifolds or tracking #. Waiting until Friday and then I will dig up the thread on Moparts and start over.

Well they finally showed up. They are pretty pitted but I knew that. The heat riser is still intact and looks to work. There aren't any cracks and the surfaces look flat. All in all I am happy for $300. Glad they are in my hands now. Thanks for all the support and offers to help.

Attachments

• IMAG0585.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 248
Well they finally showed up. They are pretty pitted but I knew that. The heat riser is still intact and looks to work. There aren't any cracks and the surfaces look flat. All in all I am happy for $300. Glad they are in my hands now. Thanks for all the support and offers to help.
awesome. glad to hear they at least made it , very cool

Congratulations!! That is great news. A little pressure in the right spots can help get these situations straightened up.

For the record; 68GTConvert, I hate your signature photo. That damn jack handle makes cringe that it's going to crease fender, and when I scroll through this thread it keeps popping up and scaring me, just like my ex-wife with paternity papers.

For the record; 68GTConvert, I hate your signature photo. That damn jack handle makes cringe that it's going to crease fender, and when I scroll through this thread it keeps popping up and scaring me, just like my ex-wife with paternity papers.

Ha! Sorry man. Yeah well you wouldn't want to see a recent pic of it under a car cover in the rain.

Glad to hear he finally sent them 68. I had a guy do the same thing with me a year ago with a sure grip I paid $280 for. Said he was gonna send it out and I gave it 2-3 weeks and didn't see it so I e-mailed him and got no reply. E-mailed and PM'd him numerous times over a 2 week period and still no reply. Then I started a thread on Moparts (that's where I did the deal) and within a week he e-mailed me saying he'd been sick and in the hospital. Funny thing was he showed being logged in on Moparts several times yet never answered any of my PM's and claimed to be in the hospital. He finally sent it out about 5-6 weeks after he said he would.
Really torques a guy off to be done that way.:wack:

Glad to hear he finally sent them 68. I had a guy do the same thing with me a year ago with a sure grip I paid $280 for. Said he was gonna send it out and I gave it 2-3 weeks and didn't see it so I e-mailed him and got no reply. E-mailed and PM'd him numerous times over a 2 week period and still no reply. Then I started a thread on Moparts (that's where I did the deal) and within a week he e-mailed me saying he'd been sick and in the hospital. Funny thing was he showed being logged in on Moparts several times yet never answered any of my PM's and claimed to be in the hospital. He finally sent it out about 5-6 weeks after he said he would.

Thanks. Yeah it was pretty shady. The guy still never wrote me back. Beware of that guy on Moparts.

LOL, I've had vendors treat me worse.

So glad you got your manifolds. They look pretty good for the price.

In my other hobby (guitar) I've had a lot of issues with USPS recently. About 3 months ago, I had a tracking number scanned as delivered--but it never ended up in my mailbox! I was pissed...until I found out that they had accidentally put it in my parents' mailbox 1/2 mile down the road. More recently, I had a effect pedal sent USPS Priority from SoCal...it sat at a processing center in Cali for 2 full weeks before getting to me.

Good luck on however this turns out, I hope its USPS' fault and not a scam for your sake.

-
Back