Ripped off!!!!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Reaction score
So apparently if you make a deal with someone to sell them parts and they live 1500 miles away in another country you can just take your F'n time sending stuff and/or ignore them and eventually not close the deal by sending some of the parts.
"marks340" AKA Mark Lange along with his father Brian made a deal with me for a new set of Indy 360-2 heads and intake (father/son team, I may have who is the father or son reversed). Originally wanting $2600, after which ended up being $3175 shipped with combustion opened to 68cc and titanium retainers added. Also Springs are suppose to be matched to the cam I'm going to run.
I originally found these guys on ebay trying to sell a set of Indy 360-1 Race prepped heads but even for my radical stroker build it was to much head, so they suggested the 360-2's they had. He said they were new but had port work done to them, but for me the 63cc was too small so for more dough they agreed to open up the chambers to 68cc. They had good feedback on ebay, and only after seeing an add on here a couple days later for same race heads did I figure out that marks340 was the same guy. And I was happy to see that he had some good feedback here as well.
I'm not the type of guy to jump the gun and not give others a chance to pony up and get things done but in a week or so it will be 4 months since I sent them the funds on Nov 29th. I went weeks at a time with no response and luckily I did get the heads sent to me 3 weeks ago (packaged poorly)....BUT still no shafts and rockers or an intake! And in the last 2.5 weeks I have emailed them 3 times, PM'd from FABO once and tryed calling and left a message twice. I know from replys that their email goes thru to their iPhone, so anyone knows that they have obviously seen the messages,,,AND anyone including me that owns an iPhone never go more then 2 hrs without looking at the damn things.
Earlier this year when I was getting no reply I would get an excuse of busy or out hunting, but all I asked was good communication if things were to be delayed. After all, they had my hard earned money 48hrs after the deal was made and told me that the heads would be sent out in a week. My last couple of emails I finally started saying wtf, and if these missing parts arent sent out ASAP then we need to start talking partial refund, no response again. 3 days ago I sent another email stating if you dont reply by noon on sunday that I'm posting up a thread about what garbage I'm putting up with and that I will be making it my new objective to annoy you as much as I've been annoyed. As a member here and other forums where I'm sure they try to sell parts, I will be giving warnings to others to not to deal with them.
For anyone who knows Mark and Brian Lange personnaly ask them why they feel its OK to shaft someone on a deal that was made?! If marks340 would like to pop in and dispute anything I will gladly copy and paste any of my emails to prove a point.
What also pisses me off is that I see that marks340 has been on here as resently as a weekish ago, and they have a couple of ads in the forsale section, same on ebay right now too. STAY AWAY!!!!! The way I look at it I'm out at least a $1000 to buy what I need.

Here are pics of what I was emailed when they first tryed selling me on the parts. Now after receiving the heads I can no longer trust the workmanship and will have to pay more $$$ to have my machine shop go thru them. I have no idea if correct springs/locks made it on the heads or if the correct 68cc combustion chamber were ground.

Its royal BS and I couldn't give a crap if there was a death in the family, their house burnt down or Dana Point California slid into the ocean,,,,,,it only takes 10 whole seconds to reply and say "Sorry I need more time because...."

indyheads.jpg

indyheads2.jpg

indyheads3.jpg

indy3602ported016.jpg

indyheads4.jpg

Hope you paid with Paypal or a credit card so you can protest the payment.Thats a lot of money to kiss goodby

Hope you paid with Paypal or a credit card so you can protest the payment.Thats a lot of money to kiss goodby

Unfortunately No. Wiretransfered from my company acct to his company acct. To save on having to pay 4% fees on paypal and I get screwed a couple points on paypals exchange rate coverting from CAN$ to US$. In the end it turns out I would have been in better shape using paypal :-(

4 months is a long time for someone to have that kind of money only to get a portion of your parts

does not matter how he paid....what matter is that he gets what he paid for...or get money back...

Good idea to have your parts checked. With sellers like that you probably already know they did not do what they said they were going to do. I have been there on a set of heads from a member here on FABO about 2 years ago. I got Jacked for about $2800.00, so I know how you feel. I hope all gets resolved with parts or some $$ back.

That sucks! in the last year i have purchased over $10K of parts for the wifes Dart from FABO members with no probs, but this is a reminder of the risk we take. Haveing said that i just purchased and received an oil pan for it from Marks340 (same one ?) on this site and it was as advertized and shiped quickly. Hope this gets some Att. and resolved for you because it does effect the confidence we all have buying and selling.

man times have changed there was a time when a move like that would have .... lets just say you probably not gone there again, sorry man hope it works out!!:angry7:

If you have his address then you should file a Better Business Bureau Complaint with the BBB in his area. I read at some forum that someone that got screwed filed a police report in the persons town. Also research the law on wire fraud and file a complaint. I'd do everything possible to screw these crooks. There may also be a law on international wire fraud, do your research and get satisfaction.

We got screwed on a deal (long story) and my wife finally found a government agency that was appropriate to the deal and filed a complaint. All of a sudden we got their attention and got our money back.... damn they were more than pleased to fix the problem.

Yet another example of why I think we need the "Forum of Shame".....sure we have a feedback system. Not everyone uses it and some deals are made that feedback can not be left, because it was not done thru a sale ad.....

Yet another example of why I think we need the "Forum of Shame".....sure we have a feedback system. Not everyone uses it and some deals are made that feedback can not be left, because it was not done thru a sale ad.....

A separate places to post greviences or compliments would be a good idea.

I would use the feedback, but I figured technically the deal started when I found them on ebay and not here so I wasn't going to use it. It was a coincidence I found them on here as well. This post is my warning to others, but if the mods agree I can post feed back on his profile then I surely would. Then its in a more permanent spot after this thread fades away.

i couldnt agree more

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back