Ripped off

-
Post Office tracking indicates the part has not been delivered yet! See post 120 above.

But did he go pick it up at the post office. Tracking can be delayed hours to days.
Hell, I've had packages shipped to me that took over a week and didnt show up on tracking until a couple days after it arrived.

I will say that this will be some pretty funny s@#* if its the wrong package and the real one shows up today or tomorrow.

can this thread just be closed-- really--- deal with this in private.

Lawrence

I've got 5 bucks to donate...

All we need is 12 more donations of $5 so this gets handled....:sad1:

I cannot believe that 2 grown adults can't resolve this on their own without so much drama ?? :scratch:

I've got 5 bucks to donate...

All we need is 12 more donations of $5 so this gets handled....:sad1:

I cannot believe that 2 grown adults can't resolve this on their own without so much drama ?? :scratch:

It's not that. I would like to find the part or get the insurance money. But he would not like to help in that. The only one that would make off good would be the post office... When they are the ones who lost the part out of the box.

Buyers responsibility-deliver payment,however it is agreed to by both parties.Sellers responsibility-deliver product however agreed to by both parties.Problems arise by one party failing to deliver.Very obvious which has failed.

Buyers responsibility-deliver payment,however it is agreed to by both parties.Sellers responsibility-deliver product however agreed to by both parties.Problems arise by one party failing to deliver.Very obvious which has failed.

Not really. If you sat down and thought about it when the seller drops the item I the post office it is no longer his/her job to deliver it...

Wrong!Your responsibility to deliver

trying to deal with justin thru pm right now, on forum he says he will refund my 125.00 for you all to see. but on pm that you all can not see is I told him I dont need the busted parts as I had to buy another complete dash. you want the parts back fine add 40.00 for the 3000 mile shipping ,since I paid the shipping the first time. he comes back with your posts are irrelevant and I want the tail panel too. this is who we are dealing with here, wtf. will not deal with him thru pm. he has my pay pal for refund and I asked for his email but he did not give it to me. still have his address that I sent my check to as he would not do paypal, but on forum he says he is doing everything he can. have never dealt with so much bullshit from any seller ever. now you can see why I washed my hands of this before. nw dart

Seller should have packaged it up better, it's a pretty heavy part and extra care is needed to ensure It arrives..... Just refund his money already.

This thread has gone to $hit and needs to be closed. :banghead:

Not really. If you sat down and thought about it when the seller drops the item I the post office it is no longer his/her job to deliver it...

It is the seller's responsibility to properly pack and secure the package so it will get to the buyer in one piece. IF that is your box, it looks like you failed to pack it and secure it so it wouldn't fall out. If that was done properly than the part would have most likely been in the box and this thread would have never have existed.

That being said the buyer needs to furnish you with the information so an insurance claim can be initiated. Since you already have $65 of his money and you will also get the insurance $50 he may be reluctant to give it to you. He still needs to do it even if he is reluctant.

trying to deal with justin thru pm right now, on forum he says he will refund my 125.00 for you all to see. but on pm that you all can not see is I told him I dont need the busted parts as I had to buy another complete dash. you want the parts back fine add 40.00 for the 3000 mile shipping ,since I paid the shipping the first time. he comes back with your posts are irrelevant and I want the tail panel too. this is who we are dealing with here, wtf. will not deal with him thru pm. he has my pay pal for refund and I asked for his email but he did not give it to me. still have his address that I sent my check to as he would not do paypal, but on forum he says he is doing everything he can. have never dealt with so much bullshit from any seller ever. now you can see why I washed my hands of this before. nw dart

The reason I want all the parts back is because he told me multiple times before he sent pictures but he never sent them... Simple way to fix the issue is send all the parts back for the full refund. He did not want to claim the shippin insurance that I had and offerd the help to do so it should not fall back on me.

lets not forget I also told him send me his email and I will send him a picture of the busted parts and he can post them for all to see, has not done so. I am not good at posting pics but if someone wants to do it for me send me a pm

It is the seller's responsibility to properly pack and secure the package so it will get to the buyer in one piece. IF that is your box, it looks like you failed to pack it and secure it so it wouldn't fall out. If that was done properly than the part would have most likely been in the box and this thread would have never have existed.

That being said the buyer needs to furnish you with the information so an insurance claim can be initiated. Since you already have $65 of his money and you will also get the insurance $50 he may be reluctant to give it to you. He still needs to do it even if he is reluctant.

I have been trying to say that this whole time... If he helps me get the process for the insurance money I have no issues giving the $65 back all he has done so far is create a big problem out of spilled milk.

lets not forget I also told him send me his email and I will send him a picture of the busted parts and he can post them for all to see, has not done so. I am not good at posting pics but if someone wants to do it for me send me a pm

Bud you claimed to have sent the pics two months ago. What happend then?
By the way it is [email protected]
But In your post before you stated you sent them way back now the truth is coming out that you failed to send them as I did not get them and your now stating you want to send me pics....
Honestly I got the insurance on that for a reason. If you would like me to post it not a problem I got it in my hand. I offerd to help you get the insurance money but you denied it just like he is. Not my problem you did not want my help like him.

I have been trying to say that this whole time... If he helps me get the process for the insurance money I have no issues giving the $65 back all he has done so far is create a big problem out of spilled milk.

What do you need from him that you don't already have? From reading USPS claims it appears they are asking for nothing at this point that he would have.

"If you received something damaged or items are missing from a package, please retain the contents you received and all the associated packing materials until your claim is settled. You may be asked to take them to your local Post Office™ for inspection later. Please do not reship the package."

https://www.usps.com/ship/file-domestic-claims.htm

File Domestic Claims

Most of the 700 million pieces of mail we handle every year arrive safely, but when things don’t go as planned we want to get any issues resolved quickly. For the best turnaround time, be sure to file your domestic claim online and follow the instructions.
To get started with a domestic claim for a damaged, lost, or delayed shipment, sign into USPS.com or register for an account. Then, enter your item’s label (or tracking) number.
Not only will you be able to start your claim immediately, you’ll be able to check its status along the way.
File Online

What do you need to file a domestic claim?
1 - Label (or tracking) number found on your online label record, package label, Extra Service receipt, or sales slip.
Some article numbers are 22 alphanumeric characters beginning in a letter and ending in "US."
Example: 9205 5000 0000 0000 0000 00
If you don't see a number like that, look for a string of 20, 22, 26, 30, or 34 numbers.
2 - Proof of value, damage, replacement, or repair costs.
You’ll need to upload a .pdf or .jpeg of sales receipts or invoices.
If you received something damaged or items are missing from a package, please retain the contents you received and all the associated packing materials until your claim is settled. You may be asked to take them to your local Post Office™ for inspection later. Please do not reship the package.
3 - Evidence of insurance and proof of purchase
If purchased online, use your Click-N-Ship® transaction number or the auction number (i.e., from eBay®).
If you shipped your package from a Post Office location, find your sales receipt or other proof to show the item was sent with insurance or Priority Mail Express™.

What do you need from him that you don't already have? From reading USPS claims it appears they are asking for nothing at this point that he would have.

"If you received something damaged or items are missing from a package, please retain the contents you received and all the associated packing materials until your claim is settled. You may be asked to take them to your local Post Office™ for inspection later. Please do not reship the package."

https://www.usps.com/ship/file-domestic-claims.htm

File Domestic Claims

Most of the 700 million pieces of mail we handle every year arrive safely, but when things don’t go as planned we want to get any issues resolved quickly. For the best turnaround time, be sure to file your domestic claim online and follow the instructions.
To get started with a domestic claim for a damaged, lost, or delayed shipment, sign into USPS.com or register for an account. Then, enter your item’s label (or tracking) number.
Not only will you be able to start your claim immediately, you’ll be able to check its status along the way.
File Online

What do you need to file a domestic claim?
1 - Label (or tracking) number found on your online label record, package label, Extra Service receipt, or sales slip.
Some article numbers are 22 alphanumeric characters beginning in a letter and ending in "US."
Example: 9205 5000 0000 0000 0000 00
If you don't see a number like that, look for a string of 20, 22, 26, 30, or 34 numbers.
2 - Proof of value, damage, replacement, or repair costs.
You’ll need to upload a .pdf or .jpeg of sales receipts or invoices.
If you received something damaged or items are missing from a package, please retain the contents you received and all the associated packing materials until your claim is settled. You may be asked to take them to your local Post Office™ for inspection later. Please do not reship the package.
3 - Evidence of insurance and proof of purchase
If purchased online, use your Click-N-Ship® transaction number or the auction number (i.e., from eBay®).
If you shipped your package from a Post Office location, find your sales receipt or other proof to show the item was sent with insurance or Priority Mail Express™.

I am going to need him to provide me with better pictures of the box and where he claims the post office wrote on the box. Also will need him to possibly provide the box to the post office there. I need the pictures for my post office lady of the writing on the box so she can send it with the paper work we fill out.

Wrong!Your responsibility to deliver

How do you come up with that? It would be my responsibility if I was hand delivering the part my self. But I paid the post office to do that and they failed to do it. There was a third person brought in like most situations and the third person lost the part. I did not lose the part nor did he. The post office lost it and they should front the insurance money.

I am going to need him to provide me with better pictures of the box and where he claims the post office wrote on the box. Also will need him to possibly provide the box to the post office there. I need the pictures for my post office lady of the writing on the box so she can send it with the paper work we fill out.

As the USPS site plainly says the box and shipping materials may be requested later.

Forget doing it locally because it will slow down the process. You can innate the claim on line and have the ability to log in to see what is going on.

"Not only will you be able to start your claim immediately, you’ll be able to check its status along the way."

This is where you can easily do something and you are being hardheaded. If you do this and the box and packing materials are requested then he needs to provide them. If not then he would be SOL.

As the USPS site plainly says the box and shipping materials may be requested later.

Forget doing it locally because it will slow down the process. You can innate the claim on line and have the ability to log in to see what is going on.

"Not only will you be able to start your claim immediately, you’ll be able to check its status along the way."

I will see what I can do online Altho I don't want to get to the point I need his help and he says "no" if he will confirm he will help with the process when needed I will get it started tonight

I think you meant INITIATE.

Thank you.
The Spelling Nazis

just sent the pics to justin with my I pad . guys a broken record, its insured go after them. sent him 4 pics that explain everything for you all to see, that is if he posts them

This is a tough post to have to(I chose) to read. When I sell a part I make sure that the part is packaged well enough that it cannot tear out from the box. This means to wrap the box in many layers of tape, and yes the whole box. As a seller I realize that I am responsible for the package arriving at the buyers home. As for the something being broken inside the box one cannot ever guarantee the shape it will arrive in. you can wrap and wrap and things can still get broken in shipping. This is the reason for buying insurance. And yes I pass that cost on to the buyer. if the buyer declines insurance I ask for an email stating that the buyer will take his chances on the part not being broken on receipt. But no matter what I am responsible for the part arriving at his home as a seller. I have always used UPS even tho it me be a few dollars more in shipping because it automatically has $100 worth of insurance. I have shipped over 100 items thru ebay and between the vettte site and here at least another 50 items. Never has any box not made it. Honestly I have never had anything broken but I have never shipped lens or glass items. I always keep my shipping receipts until I hear back from the buyer that all is well. This way I would have all information if a claim needed to be filed. Remember, if you are selling parts it is just like you are running a business. You need to keep track until the customer is happy.
Now we all make mistakes so in this case it appears many mistakes have piled up. First the package wasnt secured well enough to get to the customers home. No matter how its handled during shipping it needs to get to the customers home. This is why I feel a refund should be given, since the package is damaged as described and pictured, it is going to take the help of the buyer to get the insurance money back to the seller. As I read this entire post, all 5 pages of it, the buyer has in no way tried to help. All I have read or seen is the picture of one end of a box, a receipt saying no one was home to deliver. As the seller I would refund your purchase including shipping but not until I received the information from you the damaged product. The seller cannot get his insurance money until he proves to the shipping company (USPS in this case) that the item was damaged. Once he receives that information the seller should refund the purchase and shipping and the buyer should not have to wait for the seller to collect the insurance.
So it seems easy to resolve, seller needs to list exactly what the postal service is requiring for insurance. Buyer needs to supply the information needed to start insurance claim buy the seller. When this is done the seller needs to refund the purchase plus shipping. This will resolve the issue. Anything short from either party voids any possibility of a resolve.
Hope all can be worked out. And again this is just my logic on buying and selling. It doesn’t make it right, just my thoughts and how I do business.
Rod

-
Back