Ripped off

-
I only sell the parts off my cars as i upgrade, not trying to make huge profit ,rather have the original part reused by others, I have 67 gt 360 ,727 9inch, 69 dart tubbed tied rms rear hemi deny front. 69 cuda fastback 318 car to be transformed to 340 console 4 speed, have everything but time. 73 rallye challenger alterk front and rear, 70 d 100 318 with a833 overdrive and 71 tubbed and tied dart roller. just love the old mopars. buy a lot of parts and have met a lot of good people along the way. I wrote justin off as a loss,wont slow me down, not my style. nw dart

had the misfortune of dealing with justin for a cuda tailpanel and a dash with a uncut radio bezel. made the deal with him and next day he listed it again.called his bullshit on the post. oh ya blah blah. send him the money wait two more weeks nothing call again listen to more bullshit. finally ships tailpanel in a box 6 inches to short with the flaps sticking out 60 degrees and a piece of tape connecting the card board , no foam on end of tailpanel. dash was zip tied to the tailpanel with a single layer of bubble wrap on the dash nothing on the tailpanel, can you guess how I recieved it? in 40 pieces. his ignorance wrecked a perfect dash. sent him a pic when I opened it. he said bummer , go after the post office it was insured. had nothing to do with the po it was purely the way it was wrapped or not wrapped I should say. I wrap a 10 dollar object with better care than the 300 dollar he sent me. contacted him again and he said in bold type not my problem! I was not going to go after the post office as it had nothing to do with them, I cringe every time I see a post from this kid. I have always had perfect feedback on e bay and take pride in that and have bought from numerous a body guys with great results except for this bad apple. glad someone finally said something. dash is still sitting in my office if someone wants to post a picture of it for me send a pm and will email the pic. nwdart
First of all.... You never sent me pictures. If you did I NEVER GOT THEM. **** breaks in the post office every day so you can not blame me for them throwing the box or smashing it with another one. I offerd my help with the insurance money and ONCE AGAIN ignorance took over and he got pissed and said screw it.... I take pride in what I sell I am not here to duck any one over and to be quite honest if every seller on here was to refund the money there would be some people out there that would claim the item is broke and send pictures of their old item (has not happend here but I have saw it happen before.
And for you to call me a "kid" is not appropriate as it DOES NOT matter how OLD I AM nor does it matter how old you are..

ply30 Justin Figgatti just send me an empty box. Was supposed to get a centerlink and all I get is a empty Box. All he says is he shipped in the box. Shame on You!!

The part fell out of the box during shipping. I would claim the insurance with the post office. If they try to get out of it by saying that it was not packaged properly, then I would turn it back around on them and say that if they handled it properly, it would not have fallen out of the box. The insurance should cover it. The insurance is to guarantee that the part arrives and is in good condition. The part never arrived, it was lost in the postal system beyond the control of either party involved.

Justin seems willing to work with you, put your ego aside and work with him. The two of you need to team up together and make the post office own up to their responsibility. They were paid to deliver a part to you in useable condition. They didn't. That's what insurance is for.

Why don't you contact each of the hubs that the post office had sent the part through and have someone look for it. It is probably sitting in a "lost and found" wherever it fell out. Use the tracking from the post office to help find out where it was and contact each branch and have them look. The longer that you wait to do this, the higher the chance that you won't find it.

Threads like this should only be posted if he is not willing to help you resolve this issue, He is willing to help you. Work with him and see what results you can get from the post office. There is no need to drag us into this.

You will catch more bees with honey than lemons. Stop being a sour puss and work with Justin and go after the post office. Drop the attitude as it will just make people not want to help you. Stay calm when you talk with the post office as they will be more willing to help you if you aren't a raging fool when you talk with them.

:wav:

The part fell out of the box during shipping. I would claim the insurance with the post office. If they try to get out of it by saying that it was not packaged properly, then I would turn it back around on them and say that if they handled it properly, it would not have fallen out of the box. The insurance should cover it. The insurance is to guarantee that the part arrives and is in good condition. The part never arrived, it was lost in the postal system beyond the control of either party involved.

Justin seems willing to work with you, put your ego aside and work with him. The two of you need to team up together and make the post office own up to their responsibility. They were paid to deliver a part to you in useable condition. They didn't. That's what insurance is for.

Why don't you contact each of the hubs that the post office had sent the part through and have someone look for it. It is probably sitting in a "lost and found" wherever it fell out. Use the tracking from the post office to help find out where it was and contact each branch and have them look. The longer that you wait to do this, the higher the chance that you won't find it.

Threads like this should only be posted if he is not willing to help you resolve this issue, He is willing to help you. Work with him and see what results you can get from the post office. There is no need to drag us into this.

You will catch more bees with honey than lemons. Stop being a sour puss and work with Justin and go after the post office. Drop the attitude as it will just make people not want to help you. Stay calm when you talk with the post office as they will be more willing to help you if you aren't a raging fool when you talk with them.

:wav:
I am more then willing to help him! I am currently working on contacting all tr post office sort facilities along the way. If it fell out some where it is up there in PA as it went from here strait to their sort facility. I as well think this should not be here as I am more then willing to help him as well as nwdart I was more then willing to help him and go after the post office to get the refunded money but he did not want to hear that... I am not the kind of guy who will leave some one high and dry... I have been left like that before and I did not like it and I don't want any one I go threw to be left like that.

I've had more trouble with USPS in the last 5 years than I can count, and I take this issue to heart. I still can't get mail delivered to my own damn house. I recently shipped a trans rebuild kit to a member here via USPS, and I've not heard back so I'm nervous.

A pro tip: Use a wire-tie tag or tape a label to the actual parts (Or bag-o-parts) being shipped so that even if the label gets removed or the item falls out of the bag, they still know where it goes.

I am more then willing to help him! I am currently working on contacting all tr post office sort facilities along the way. If it fell out some where it is up there in PA as it went from here strait to their sort facility. I as well think this should not be here as I am more then willing to help him as well as nwdart I was more then willing to help him and go after the post office to get the refunded money but he did not want to hear that... I am not the kind of guy who will leave some one high and dry... I have been left like that before and I did not like it and I don't want any one I go threw to be left like that.

That is exactly my point. You're willing to work with him to resolve this. He's getting upset and it is holding up progress. He needs to calm down and work with you to get this resolved.

I do not see any problem with how you are handling this.

BTW: He already has posted to find another one.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=272412

I feel like I'm on a ford forum. If you have a bad experience use the feedback tool. No need to start a drama thread!

This will be my last post on this. Sounds like other have had some problems with you shipping. You did not offer to help when I hung the phone up. All you kept saying was you taped the box with it in and sent it out. The box had one piece a tape on each side when you said, you taped it and the post office also taped it. So end it. You got your free $65.

post office is not nearly as bad as UPS... remember when shipping anything you need to make sure there is NO WAY FOR IT TO PUNCH THRU THE BOX...and make it extra strong by using the reinforced packing tape with the nylon lines in the tape... i have sent thousands of packages and never had a problem.. let this be a learning experience to us all..ALSO:..if you sell something and ship it .. the person buying it never receives the part ..IT IS NEVER THE BUYERS FAULT..simply refund their money and try and get your restitution from the shipper... this is the right way to handle it..

Obviously as you can see he has made another thread for another one.... He has NO interest in finding the center link nor does he have interest in helping me find It for him.... Also I did NOT get a "FREE" $65 as I DID send the center link in the box. I could be the same way as you are and tell you "I got the part off the car boxed it up and paid for shipping I'm not doing nothing about it" BUT THATS NOT WHAT IM DOING I am trying my best to find it. And for you to bring up "other issues" from other people is far fetched from this issue. People who sell and buy parts have issues some way or another with the shipping service Somthing people need to relize is WE HAVE NO CONTROL OVER HOW THE POST OFFICE OR THE SHIPPING COMPANIES HANDLE THE PACKAGES WE DROP OFF.
At the time you called last night there was nothin I could do. Why would the post office person write the box is empty? How would he/she know it is empty with out opening it? I believe you need to get in contact with your post office But I will do that for you today and try to get to the bottem of this.
And I want you to HONESTLY answer me this. If you sent me this part and I got the empty box how would you handle it? Being the box was taped and you had insurance on it?

This will be my last post on this. Sounds like other have had some problems with you shipping. You did not offer to help when I hung the phone up. All you kept saying was you taped the box with it in and sent it out. The box had one piece a tape on each side when you said, you taped it and the post office also taped it. So end it. You got your free $65.

How can he offer to help if you hang up the phone???:banghead:

He has said here in this thread that he is in contact with the PO. By the sounds of it, you are the one not wanting to work it out. You are being pig headed and pouting about it instead of being a man and working it out here and now! :wack:

Obviously as you can see he has made another thread for another one.... He has NO interest in finding the center link nor does he have interest in helping me find It for him.... Also I did NOT get a "FREE" $65 as I DID send the center link in the box. I could be the same way as you are and tell you "I got the part off the car boxed it up and paid for shipping I'm not doing nothing about it" BUT THATS NOT WHAT IM DOING I am trying my best to find it. And for you to bring up "other issues" from other people is far fetched from this issue. People who sell and buy parts have issues some way or another with the shipping service Somthing people need to relize is WE HAVE NO CONTROL OVER HOW THE POST OFFICE OR THE SHIPPING COMPANIES HANDLE THE PACKAGES WE DROP OFF.
At the time you called last night there was nothin I could do. Why would the post office person write the box is empty? How would he/she know it is empty with out opening it? I believe you need to get in contact with your post office But I will do that for you today and try to get to the bottem of this.
And I want you to HONESTLY answer me this. If you sent me this part and I got the empty box how would you handle it? Being the box was taped and you had insurance on it?

I sell a few parts here, also mostly while upgrading my projects. I can say this, when shipping anything by any carrier, it must be assumed that the package is going to be subject to mishandling... Accordingly it would be smart to overkill on the packaging. As you are learning, one or 2 disgruntled buyers can do serious harm to your reputation.

The question put forth above was "how would you handle it" If it were me, the refund would have already been made and then I would proceed with working the problem out with USPS. It is your responsibility as the shipper to deal with the post office, not the buyers.

In order to save my good name, the refund would have been already offered and/or made. Its not good business to let an unsatisfied customer hanging in the balance while you proceed on a possible long drawn out process with the USPS.

If I was caught in this situation, I would be asking if a $65.00 loss is worth my reputation? Short answer, no!! You would be wise to refund his money and work out your problem with the Postal Service.

I have been watching this thread for since it started. I also bought some stuff from Justin. I asked him to package it real well as I just had a great dash bezel trashed because of poor packaging. There was no damage to the box. Justin stated he would wrap them in bubble wrap! And he did. 1 layer of small cell bubble wrap and put in a used box(made in Vietnam) that was the same height as the taillights. No other packing material in the box. This box also arrived undamaged, however one of the taillight lenses was broken with the bottom part broke out from sliding around in the box. I'm sure it was dropped or tossed around by the post office, but that is to be expected. If it was crushed, PO fault, Driven over, PO fault, poorly packaged, packers fault. I did contact Justin, sent him a picture and he said it had insurance, just send him the light back and he would refund half the money since I only got 1 good light. Hmmm, spend $12 dollars to get a $15 dollar return and he would file the insurance claim. He did offer to send me the tracking and insurance and I could file it myself. I told him to do that and that I had learned my lesson. He has responded to all my messages and offered to work with me. This is the dealings I had with him. Maybe a little extra time spent on packaging would go a long way.

I have been watching this thread for since it started. I also bought some stuff from Justin. I asked him to package it real well as I just had a great dash bezel trashed because of poor packaging. There was no damage to the box. Justin stated he would wrap them in bubble wrap! And he did. 1 layer of small cell bubble wrap and put in a used box(made in Vietnam) that was the same height as the taillights. No other packing material in the box. This box also arrived undamaged, however one of the taillight lenses was broken with the bottom part broke out from sliding around in the box. I'm sure it was dropped or tossed around by the post office, but that is to be expected. If it was crushed, PO fault, Driven over, PO fault, poorly packaged, packers fault. I did contact Justin, sent him a picture and he said it had insurance, just send him the light back and he would refund half the money since I only got 1 good light. Hmmm, spend $12 dollars to get a $15 dollar return and he would file the insurance claim. He did offer to send me the tracking and insurance and I could file it myself. I told him to do that and that I had learned my lesson. He has responded to all my messages and offered to work with me. This is the dealings I had with him. Maybe a little extra time spent on packaging would go a long way.
I would be more then happy to do the leg work my self for you Altho from what my post office lady told me if the part is else where and the tracking number is here it would take more time to get the claim money. I will tell you what PM me I will handle this my self.
And if I CANT find the part by tomorrow I will REFUND the $65.

had the misfortune of dealing with justin for a cuda tailpanel and a dash with a uncut radio bezel. made the deal with him and next day he listed it again.called his bullshit on the post. oh ya blah blah. send him the money wait two more weeks nothing call again listen to more bullshit. finally ships tailpanel in a box 6 inches to short with the flaps sticking out 60 degrees and a piece of tape connecting the card board , no foam on end of tailpanel. dash was zip tied to the tailpanel with a single layer of bubble wrap on the dash nothing on the tailpanel, can you guess how I recieved it? in 40 pieces. his ignorance wrecked a perfect dash. sent him a pic when I opened it. he said bummer , go after the post office it was insured. had nothing to do with the po it was purely the way it was wrapped or not wrapped I should say. I wrap a 10 dollar object with better care than the 300 dollar he sent me. contacted him again and he said in bold type not my problem! I was not going to go after the post office as it had nothing to do with them, I cringe every time I see a post from this kid. I have always had perfect feedback on e bay and take pride in that and have bought from numerous a body guys with great results except for this bad apple. glad someone finally said something. dash is still sitting in my office if someone wants to post a picture of it for me send a pm and will email the pic. nwdart

Okay...

My question is this for those reading: so, someone buys a part for a low price and posts it at a higher price he's now a "flipping scum bag" and most of you want to hang him from the nearest tree.

Someone takes money for a part and skimps on packaging to increase his own pocket money he's now subject to being a great guy and great to deal with!

Well, gosh, golly gee... seems like the same to me. So how is one guy marking up parts now a scumbag and someone else who won't go to Walmart and buy a cheap box of bubble wrap or invest in a can of spray foam a great guy when
he can't - won't - take the time to package a part correctly because it'll take money out of his pocket?

Did not read all the comments....but will say to anyone that slams the shipping companies....you do realize that when things are shipped they pretty much are handled by machinery...except when you drop it off and it is delivered. You do realize that your package may be the first one to drop into a container...and then be buried by 1800 pounds of other things in transit? You do realize that if an item is allowed any movement in its shipping package that this movement is going to increase the risk of your item removing itself from the shipping package?
At one point there was a sticky from me about how to ship things...pretty sure it covered packages...but ever since several staff members have developed an issue with me this sticky was removed....
You want your stuff to get there in one piece here is some general guidelines....
If possible, use a double layered cardboard box. If the box has been used several times and has no structural strength DO NOT USE IT!
OVERSTUFF the box with packing material. If any air space is left in the box this a potential for a cave in, and once caved in the integrity of the box is it risk. This is the thing that leads to more damaged packages than anything else? How do I know? A 20 year sentence with the USPS....
To verify that you have enough packing material a few simple test are in order...
1. Simply shake it. If it moves cut it open and add more......
2. After verifying it does not move hold the package 5' or so above a hard surface and drop it. If the item does not remove itself from the shipping container proceed to step 3...
3. Put some weight on it. If it does not crush carry on....
4. You did include a secondary shipping label, perhaps taped to the item? This insures that IF the item removes itself from the package that it at least stands a chance of getting delivered. Often times a box gets destroyed, to the point that the shipping label is trashed. The shipping company now has an item that is no longer deliverable. In the USPS this item will go to the "Claims" section of wherever this happened. After a set amount of day this item is discarded. If this item would have had a label attached to it directly the company will just put it in a box and send it on it's way.
5. Tape it securely. This does not mean masking tape or scotch tape. It means shipping tape.
6. Shipping label should be LEGIBLE. The USPS uses what is called an

View attachment apps...jpg
APPS machine that uses a scanner that relies on OCR software...

Always makes me laugh when folks blame USPS/FedEX/UPS/DHL for losing things when people just do not take the time to PROPERLY pack it. Again, in 20 years of working there I picked up more than my fair share of packages where the item just slammed around in the box.
Quick question to the OP, was there any packing material in the box when you got it? Look on the flaps, is there any evidence (marks) that the part was slamming around in the box? If so, more than likely this is from poor packing. If the centerlink was just put in the box, and the box was not stuffed with material than the shipper is at fault...simple as that. Noticed that the shipper said something about the USPS clerk looked in the box....if they are anything like any of the clerks in the stations I have mailed stuff from they are folks that have no idea what an APPS machine even is, never mind the fact that many Postal Employees are just there for a check and will tell you things are good just to get rid of you so they can go on break.

I have shipped steering linkage parts in the past. Best way to ship them? Pvc pipe with the ends glued on. Sure, it is going to add to the over all price....but then again it would have GOTTEN THERE!.

The USPS used to allow tours to the public, but ever since 9-11 I think they stopped. What a shame. I used to enjoy the looks on peoples faces when they saw the overwhelming amount of letters/ packages that are moved on a daily basis. Perhaps, if the folks the always point the finger of blame on this site at the USPS were to see how things really are they might not be so quick at pointing blame. Fact of life, very little mail movement is done by hand...other than Registered mail....this means it is up the sender to see to it that there package is properly prepared...not the USPS.....

Okay...

My question is this for those reading: so, someone buys a part for a low price and posts it at a higher price he's now a "flipping scum bag" and most of you want to hang him from the nearest tree.

Someone takes money for a part and skimps on packaging to increase his own pocket money he's now subject to being a great guy and great to deal with!

Well, gosh, golly gee... seems like the same to me. So how is one guy marking up parts now a scumbag and someone else who won't go to Walmart and buy a cheap box of bubble wrap or invest in a can of spray foam a great guy when
he can't - won't - take the time to package a part correctly because it'll take money out of his pocket?
Lol? If you are talking about me I don't flip parts. To me flipping parts is buying single parts and reselling them.
Also I do use bubble wrap and other packing materials. Your comment was irrelevant to this due to the fact I use proper packing items. If you have a glass tail light packed perfectly with all the packing materials in the world and the post office tasks and sets them In the middle of a stack of other boxes with 15 other boxes on it there's a 99% chance it will break...

Lol? If you are talking about me I don't flip parts. To me flipping parts is buying single parts and reselling them.
Also I do use bubble wrap and other packing materials. Your comment was irrelevant to this due to the fact I use proper packing items. If you have a glass tail light packed perfectly with all the packing materials in the world and the post office tasks and sets them In the middle of a stack of other boxes with 15 other boxes on it there's a 99% chance it will break...

You do not use proper packing items, how come there was only one piece of tape 1 1/4" x 3" on each side of the box. Plus you did not offer to help yesterday, all you said was, you did your part and mailed it out, thats it!!
So do not try to be a nice guy now that it is on this thread. Anyone reading this can comment all you want, but do not get ripped off by this guy.

I sell a few parts here, also mostly while upgrading my projects. I can say this, when shipping anything by any carrier, it must be assumed that the package is going to be subject to mishandling... Accordingly it would be smart to overkill on the packaging. As you are learning, one or 2 disgruntled buyers can do serious harm to your reputation.

The question put forth above was "how would you handle it" If it were me, the refund would have already been made and then I would proceed with working the problem out with USPS. It is your responsibility as the shipper to deal with the post office, not the buyers.

In order to save my good name, the refund would have been already offered and/or made. Its not good business to let an unsatisfied customer hanging in the balance while you proceed on a possible long drawn out process with the USPS.

If I was caught in this situation, I would be asking if a $65.00 loss is worth my reputation? Short answer, no!! You would be wise to refund his money and work out your problem with the Postal Service.

I agree with you 100%. Thanks for a good answer.

I hope no one thinks I am bashing Justin. I didn't have a bad experience, just not as good as it could have been. He has been open to communication thru the entire deal and I think that is the key. Maybe all of us can learn from this and package any parts we ship a little better. It's getting harder everyday to find good parts for cars that are getting 40-50-60 years old, especially when they are not reproducing any for some of the less common cars. To me it's a shame to have parts destroyed during shipping, for whatever reason.

You do not use proper packing items, how come there was only one piece of tape 1 1/4" x 3" on each side of the box. Plus you did not offer to help yesterday, all you said was, you did your part and mailed it out, thats it!!
So do not try to be a nice guy now that it is on this thread. Anyone reading this can comment all you want, but do not get ripped off by this guy.
The box was taped. Your acting like you werr trying to help me when I was trying to help you... SORRY BUD BUT EVERY THING I SAID YOU WANTED O ARGUE ABOUT IT....
I have been trying to help you since the minute we spoke
You are STILL making it very hard to work with about findin it... I guess you have no interest in searching it down you just want to create a big scene about NOTHING as I am trying to help you the best I can.....

Is that the tape the lady at the post office put on it? Was there no tape on it before? That is not a properly taped box (even the postal lady knew that) and I can certainly see why it arrived empty. Personally, I would be refunding the $65.00 to the buyer and then working on recovering the $50.00 it was insured for myself since I was the party that actually purchased the insurance.

My method of packing and shipping is done like inkjunkie describes. So far everything has arrived safe and sound but if anything is ever damaged in the future they won't be able to say it was because lack of packing, good box or tape.

attachment.php

The box was taped. Your acting like you werr trying to help me when I was trying to help you... SORRY BUD BUT EVERY THING I SAID YOU WANTED O ARGUE ABOUT IT....
You are STILL making it very hard to work with about findin it... I guess you have no interest in searching it down you just want to create a big scene about NOTHING as I am trying to help you the best I can.....

Justin,

If you really want to help him and make this all go away, refund the money. Believe me, it not worth the aggravation. I'm not bashing either, just trying to help.

Russ

the right thing to do in this situation is have a duel , used radiator hoses is the weapon of choice

LMFAO...sorry. Sounds like an honest mistaken to me.

As they say, **** happens hopefully they can work it out

This is what you call a taped box! Here is the proof, so quit trying to say you boxed it right. Send me my refund and be done with it.

Attachments

• 100_1374.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 258
  • 100_1375.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 256
-
Back