Road rage rant

-
well here short story when i leave my job here at the shipyard its bascily 10,000 people getting off at once going down a 3 lane road i on my harley am riding in the left lane safest lane for the bike less bumps 5 mph over the posted limit and an asshat in a lifted f-250 rides my *** for 2 miles or so if he woulda hit me his bumber woulda caught me in the head well he decides to floor it and go around and gets 2 cars lengths ahead of me and wow guess what we pull up right next to each other at the red light all i could do is shake my head i wanted to get off my bike and woop his *** with my helmet but idoits will be idoits

Back in my younger days, riding my little 550 Maxim, I was cruising in the city in the left groove of the left lane. Some arse in a Ferd PU comes up the right, behind a parked car, and decides to pass it right beside me, forcing me into the oncoming lane. Being young, stupid, and full of P&V, I pull up alongside him, and start mouthing off how it's MY lane. He tells me I don't need it all, so what's the diff? I say you coulda killed me! He laughs. I pull up right beside him and with the mud kickers plant one right in the center of his driver door. Kicked him so hard the bike swung into the other lane again. He chased me for a while, and I kept letting him get close lol.. Finally, at the red light, I cruised between the cars and lost him. Man, that felt good!

Grant

I normally don't hog or even use the left lane but if an *** came up and started tailgating me on the rear bumper or flashing the lights. I might just pace the car next to me for the next ten miles.

I use left lane strictly for passing. If it's open, I may cruise in it but still passing cars on the right. I'm pretty active when it comes to the rear view mirror. If I see a car creeping up on me, I'll get out of the way instantly so they can pass. I don't wait until their behind...I get out of the way fast as not to slow them down. I've learned a long time ago that not everyone shares the same etiquette. It is what it is. I see guys weaving in and out of traffic and back away from those guys. If there is someone that is too slow in the left lane, I'll drive around them in the right lane. I might mean mug 'em, but no dirty bird, won't cut them off, won't brake check or nothing. I'll get cut off every now and then, but don't throw the bird anymore. I might put my hand up in frustration, but that's the worst extent of it.

When I was younger (teens - 20's), I used to have road rage issues. When people cut me off or were driving too slow in the left lanes, I would feel the need to retaliate. It was stupid and it took me years to figure out that it just wasn't worth the stress. Now I see more and more of that crap happening and all I can do is just shake my head at it.

being in the passing lane a mile before your suppose to doing 5 mph faster is no reason to be in the left lane, the right lane is the spot for you to be unless your a few hundred yards away from where your suppose to merge to the left lane. I know if I needed past someone for what ever reason and they were hogging the passing lane I would be pissed! in Canada its against the law to hog the right lane unless your passing or close to merging into a one lane road, but not a mile before!

I would consider a mile close enough to move over, especially in rush hour traffic where there are selfish greedy people that won't let you in when you need to to make your exit.

...but what if youre doing that and someone behind you is desperately trying to get someone to the emergency room.
you shoudn't be tryin to desperately get anyone to the emergency room. your going to put someone else there by doing that.

you should call 911 where ever the desperate incident happened

On my way to work this morning, the same route that I have taken for 4-years.
This ***-CLOWN, driving a lifted 4X4 chevy 2500, trys to move me from the left lane by swerving towards me.
I was caught a little off-gaurd by this, as he was driving a very late model truck ($45K) & didn't think he would want to wreck it.
I was a mile from where the lanes merge to the left, my reason for being there, traveling at 5-MPH over the speed limit.
He finally went around me on the right, & I noticed that on his back window in large letters going all the way across the window stating "THE LEFT LANE IS FOR PASSING, NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR GOING!".
I understand this & feel the same way, but when you are in morning rush hour traffic & going to merge to the left in a mile, it just doesn't apply.
He stayed in the right lane, he must of not seen the merge left sign, because he totally bullied his way into the left lane forcing a Durango onto the inside shoulder.
I couldn't get his tag number, but will be on the look-out for him.
This guy didn't care who he shoved or threaten while driving his truck, what an ***-CLOWN!
that nuts in Oklahoma for ya i had on cut me off and looked at me and gave mt the bird i was driving my 64 plymouth i put his *** in the dich

-
Back