Road trip to N.C.!!

-

75slant6

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi all! My wife and I will be heading to North Carolina this weekend on a Mopar related run (I'll post pics eventually but for now y'all can stay in suspense:glasses7:) we're going down Friday afternoon and coming home Sunday. We'll be goin through Nashville, takin 40 east to Asheville, NC then takin the 26 down through Hendersonville and getting the 74 in Columbus and that will take us to our destination. If anyone in ky, tn or mo need any parts picked up down through there I might be able to bring them back. If not, should still be a great trip!! Pics to come Friday or Saturday!!

FINALLY getting started off!! Trailer lights were screwed, still not right but we finally got running lights it's too dang cold to work on em here, I might mess with em in nc if its warmer. But we're off!! More updates to follow!!View attachment image.jpg

I think I need to buy a diesel truck... This thing GUZZLES gas!!! Gettin 11.7 empty!!

While I'm down here, anybody in nc or east tn have a short tail shaft 833OD, smallblock bellhousing or a smallblock 4bbl intake and carb forsale? I don't NEED any of the parts right now but I have $100-150 extra cash so I figured I'd check.

Stopped for bout a 2hr snooze and back on the road. Trying to sleep in a vehicle is always a pain but even more so when it's 20* out. A bed will feel GREAT tonight!!!

Wow, beautiful sunrise!! Hope thats a sign of a great trip!! Good luck on your adventure and keep us posted along the way!! Cant wait to see your prize all loaded up and heading home!! Safe travels, Geof

Geof, it was rough gettin started but once we finally hit the road it went good! We're bout 15-20 minutes from destination!! Lots of pics to come!!!

Sweet sunrise picture! I'm looking at a 4 foot tall drift of snow across my driveway! And having to shovel a path to the garage so I can turn the heater on! LOL! Hope you have a safe trip and find a great buy on a car to put on that trailer for the ride home!

On the fuel mileage thing: my brother in law has a 2010 Ford Super Duty Powermax that gets 14 best with NO trailer behind that. My 318 1999 Ram 1500 gets that! LOL!

It's a b5 72, 318 with a sharktooth, 8 3/4 rear and dual scoops. I believe it was an original 3 speed car. The pedals and hump are still there. It might be a twister, not sure yet as I need to get the build sheet out of the seat. The fender tag is gone.

With the exception of a few cracks in some of the top mounting tabs the grill is crack free! I wanna stop at badlilred79's place on the way back and see what he says but I believe it's one of the grills that were molded in black!

Wished I would have seen this earlier hope you had a safe trip. It was -3 here fri morning I'm about 45 min north of Asheville. Congrats on the good find:cheers:

We're actually still in nc 66mopar77. We're just about to turn on to the 74 in asheville.

-
Back