Roadtrip

-

73dart4dr

Reaction score
i just got my dart on the raod today after a winter restoration. its a 73 dart 4 door, with the 318 and 904. im taking it on a 1500 mile roadtrip in 2 weeks, and im wondering what all i shold bring with me for spare parts, of things that might go wrong. i have changed all the belts, hoses, lines, fuel pump, brakes, radiator, thermastat. i guess my question is what things might go out without notice, ive already been told to have a ballist resistor and ecm. anything else?

this is my first classic mopar, so any help would be great

Greg [email protected]

just cross your fingers and enjoy the ride.. its a 318 man.. a very reliable motor.

Ballast. coolent and some handy dandy tools that you can store in the trunk.
if shes never made a trip like that before, make sure you go smoothly, remember.. you want to let people enjoy your dart.. why speed? then they cant see you!

Probably one of the most important tools you can bring if you don't have one already is a cell phone with a charger that fits in your cigar lighter. Even better would be a Blackberry with internet. That way if you get into real trouble you can mapquest any part store that is nearby and you would be more self reliant than having to take the tow truck driver's word for it. Should it come down to that.

One other thing to look out for... Be sure your spare is also filled with air and not leaking and that the lug nuts are not overtighted as they all are when you let some bozo at the tire shop put the wheels on your car.

Finally, and this should be common sense, but I too forget this. Make sure you have plenty of window washing fluid in the resovior. (Working right...?).
I don't know how many times I ran out while driving into the sun with on coming traffic. A good way to get bugs in your teeth as you peer out the drivers door window!

Have fun and be safe....FLARES.. don't forget FLARES....

I sound like a mother now....

thanks so far, i have one more question, i tried to buy a new ecm, cause a few people said to have one on hand, but napa and carquet do not sell them, where can i buy one?

-
Back