RobbMc mini starter

-
You got it……

1. It's a rip off.

2. You have less expensive options.

I don't think we can help more than that.

You got it……

1. It's a rip off.

2. You have less expensive options.

I don't think we can help more than that.

I was told the only starters that will work on my application must be clockable. Please confirm that the napa starter will fit in a 64 with TTI headers and 727 trans. Thanks for the help.

I don't know why it wouldn't. I would at least try one (even if you have to return it).

Better than just handing over an extra $100-$150 to someone.

I don't know why it wouldn't. I would at least try one (even if you have to return it).

Better than just handing over an extra $100-$150 to someone.

Been there done that! It's an early A thing. TTIs run tighter and the regular mini starters don't fit unless you want to pound in your $800 headers and even then your starter will fry.

Again, I am looking for feedback on the Robbmc clockable starter for my early A with TTI application. As far as I know powermaster 9513 and robbmc are the only options I have.

I already blew up a powermaster so looking for a better option. Thanks

Hi wazoo64, yes I have the RobbMc starter on my 68 Barracuda 340. I tried the Mopar Performance mini starter, as compact as it may be, it still would not clear the header pipe(I have hooker headers on the car not T.T.I). I felt beating the tar out of my header was not an option. Where the clockable RobbMc starter allowed me to postion the solenoid away from the header with problem free clearance and also helped keep the solenoid away from the radiating heat of the header. Another convenient thing about this starter, if down the road a component on the starter requires replacing, one is not required to buy another complete starter, you can buy just the part you need from RobbMc. The shipping was also exceptionally fast from this company. The other members giving you their opinions obviously have not been in a position where a clockable starter was required for their applications.

I didnt even pay for the last used mini starter I got,just swapped stuff. Value? About $25...

And they are incredibly easy to rebuild.

Hi wazoo64, yes I have the RobbMc starter on my 68 Barracuda 340. I tried the Mopar Performance mini starter, as compact as it may be, it still would not clear the header pipe(I have hooker headers on the car not T.T.I). I felt beating the tar out of my header was not an option. Where the clockable RobbMc starter allowed me to postion the solenoid away from the header with problem free clearance and also helped keep the solenoid away from the radiating heat of the header. Another convenient thing about this starter, if down the road a component on the starter requires replacing, one is not required to buy another complete starter, you can buy just the part you need from RobbMc. The shipping was also exceptionally fast from this company. The other members giving you their opinions obviously have not been in a position where a clockable starter was required for their applications.

Thanks. You get the idea. These other guys are lost in space.

Saying mini-starter and Robb MCC is like saying Chevy and Ford. They're just not the same.
I use a Robb MCC starter in my '69 Dart with a 440 4 speed and TTI headers in the set up. It was the only one that would fit and meet all the requirements (namely fitting and not frying), by being able to utilize their unique clocking features. If I recall, I had to reinforce the bolts or something (it was 2 years ago) and build a piece for the snout of the starter to fit in the bell housing. Basically, just a piece of aluminium with a hole in it, but that was a result of the bell housing I chose – not the starter. I would double check the long bolts that hold the starter itself together as I felt that they could twist and break. They have not done so yet on mine, and maybe they won’t. The starter functions very well and turns over my stock compression ’69 440 quite well. I’ve had no issues with Robb MCC and do recommend them. I agree, they are not cheap, but if you need a starter that fits and is reliable, then this is the one for you.
Daryl

Just an FYI.
The RobbMc Starter is not available for at least a month and the Powermaster 9543 has been discountinued for a while. There is another adjustable/ clockable powermaster available but no one knows if it will fit. I ordered it anyway and will give it a go.

only thing i see wrong with these special starters is what happens when your away from home and it decides to take a ****? your stuck getting towed home and waiting for either a new one or for yours to be repaired. with a stock style atleast you can go just about anywhere local and get another one and be on your way.

Years ago I bought a set of headers on ebay. I have no ideal what the brand was but they were a tight fitting set that didn't hang low like the Hookers. I installed on my 340/727 Demon and tried all kinds of starters including minis. The only one that would fit was a clockable powermaster. My point is a standard mini starter doesn't always work even on the later A body cars

only thing i see wrong with these special starters is what happens when your away from home and it decides to take a ****? your stuck getting towed home and waiting for either a new one or for yours to be repaired. with a stock style atleast you can go just about anywhere local and get another one and be on your way.

My next A Body will be a 67 or later.

Seen one on a new Hemi - they appear to be some sort of OEM starter on a machined adapter plate, not sure exactly what they're off of. (The nose is machined down anyway, so trying to cheap out with an OEM starter isn't an option.) They don't seem prone to breaking but the one on the new Hemi came un-clocked once IIRC.

Installed the Robb mc starter. Clocking mechanism is real nice. 360 degree adjustability. Very easy to adjust while mounted. Spins fast. Seems a bit louder than Powermaster.

Installed the Robb mc starter. Clocking mechanism is real nice. 360 degree adjustability. Very easy to adjust while mounted. Spins fast. Seems a bit louder than Powermaster.

Very good info on the clocking starter.
Always wondered the difference in the tti starter they advertise and a standard mini starter.
Good to know.
Thanks.

Does anyone have a pic of one installed? my new project has to have a clockable....disgust

Have a buddy that has a 528 Barton Hemi, the block was a Mopar Performance piece. He used a stock mini starter, but the terminals were only 1/16" or so from the block. The Mopar starter, as great and inexpensive as it is, is not ideal for everyone.....

-
Back