Rock Auto carb - Feedback

-

Backtobasics

Reaction score
FABO,
I wanted to give some feedback. My 1976 Dart Lite sat for several years, primary reason was I was unable to find a decent 1 barrel carb. I have bought and rebuilt 3 units. I rebuilt two unit, and I had someone else rebuild the 3rd.
I was forced to bring the car out of storage, and broke down and bought a carb off Rock Auto.

I added the standard 5% coupon code, total to my door was 150.00 range.

Amazing. It looked great straight out of the gate. I had to play with linkage a bit, as they listed for auto trans, my DL is 3 speed manual. Minor adjustments, plugging of extra vacuum ports, etc was all it took. I can drive the car on demand now, great idle, and MPG has been pretty decent. I am sure it could use some more tweaking, but overall, it dropped on, with no fuss, and whoever rebuilt it is much better than I am.

FABO,
I wanted to give some feedback. My 1976 Dart Lite sat for several years, primary reason was I was unable to find a decent 1 barrel carb. I have bought and rebuilt 3 units. I rebuilt two unit, and I had someone else rebuild the 3rd.
I was forced to bring the car out of storage, and broke down and bought a carb off Rock Auto.

I added the standard 5% coupon code, total to my door was 150.00 range.

Amazing. It looked great straight out of the gate. I had to play with linkage a bit, as they listed for auto trans, my DL is 3 speed manual. Minor adjustments, plugging of extra vacuum ports, etc was all it took. I can drive the car on demand now, great idle, and MPG has been pretty decent. I am sure it could use some more tweaking, but overall, it dropped on, with no fuss, and whoever rebuilt it is much better than I am.

Was it an Autoline rebuilt carb?

I am guessing 1976 used the Holley 1945 carb, though the Dart Lites might have been special. Holley made an Economaster line in the 1980's and I recall seeing a version for the slant. Perhaps similar.

1945 is right. That's what's on my 76 dart sport. Still unsure why its the sport. It's the low end model lol

-
Back