Rock Island Armory 1911 Officers Model

-
While the Springfield 1911 Government model is my next buy, I can safely say that, so far, the best handgun I have ever owned is the H&K USP 45. I also had a Glock 23, which was very reliable, but the German made guns just catch my fancy (I also had a G3, which was very nice).

This is the USP:
29725_124826084218712_100000739637738_177016_6557320_n.jpg

This is what I carry: :-D
ss1756left.jpg

And DareDevil, you gonna eat that turkey sandwich? :lol:

why yes... yes i did like 30minutes after you posted this :)it was nice, very nice i think i might have to go get one soon. it had a recoil spring mod..he called it something else but i might try to do that with my taurus...

here is a pic of my .45 and my GF's .380

The recoil spring on these 1911's are changed out to increase feeding reliability and to reduce wear on the gun. Your Taurus may not need it. :)

Glad you liked shooting the 1911.

Theres parts of Houston I wont drive thru unarmed.
...or without a baloney and mustard sammich.... ;)

While the Springfield 1911 Government model is my next buy, I can safely say that, so far, the best handgun I have ever owned is the H&K USP 45. I also had a Glock 23, which was very reliable, but the German made guns just catch my fancy (I also had a G3, which was very nice).

I've always wanted to try one of those HK's! Digging the dueling pistols too, lol. I had a CETME (the forerunner to the G3) that I liked very much.

Just brought the 1911 in to a well known local gunsmith for a nice set of Novak tritium lo profile 3 dot night sights, a combat safety and ramp polishing. :hello1: He asked if I wanted any trigger work and I said no, feels pretty good for a carry gun. He cocked it, let it loose and agreed. Looking forward to getting it back and running another 250 rounds through it. :)

my thoughts 12 guage or 20 in a fast picker upper home defense gun, revolver for a carry they wont jam, i dig the 1911 and other autos but in a pinch i want something tottaly reliable

my thoughts 12 guage or 20 in a fast picker upper home defense gun, revolver for a carry they wont jam, i dig the 1911 and other autos but in a pinch i want something tottaly reliable

I thought the same way about revolvers until I got a Taurus, lol. Cylinder binds after about 8 rounds of .357 magnum. My Rugers were always 100% reliable though but too hard to conceal. I can shoot the 1911 offhand better than any revolver I ever had, but my one Ruger Vaqero in .45 LC would make quarter size groups from the bench with my handloads.

I figure the .45 ACP gives me the same ballistics as a factory loaded .45 LC with one more round and is nice and slim. In rapid fire I can dump all 7 in a pie plate at 10 yards easy in a matter of a few seconds and a reload is just a clip away. After the mag break in I've had zero failures of any type after over 250 rounds. I was also trained on the "tap, rack bang" for my ccw qualification and practice it on the range every 3rd mag or so. Nothing wrong with a shotgun but I feel it's too unwieldy for bedside use for me. I have a very small house.

-
Back