Rock vs Farmington

-

Tadams

Tadams
Reaction score
If you had to choose one, which one would you go to. I wont have my Barracuda ready, still looking for parts and money to finish, But have 2 teenage boys of mine and more than likely 2 others.
Farmington is closer but the Rock is not that far.

Rockingham is a much bigger show, might be more parts in the swap meet area, but both are good shows. Last time I went to farmington, I bracket raced and sold parts.

Yes the swap meet is rather large and if you wait till about an hour before the gates close you can get some good deals.

Rockingham is a much bigger show, might be more parts in the swap meet area, but both are good shows. Last time I went to farmington, I bracket raced and sold parts.

I think, IMO, that the Farmington Show has a better Swap area. Maybe it's been consistantly better since I've attended both. The Rock seems to fluctuate both in attendance and what some folks consider gold.

I think, IMO, that the Farmington Show has a better Swap area. Maybe it's been consistantly better since I've attended both. The Rock seems to fluctuate both in attendance and what some folks consider gold.
You may be right about that, farmington has a smaller, more down home feel to it, and I think its easier to find good deals there. Rockingham is bigger, but then everone thinks there parts are gold!

Farmington use to be my home track and I have attended both events. Now that I live in PA, when I take the time to go, I go to Farmington. It has the better deal on parts and cars, and the people are alot friendlier. That track has come a long way in the last 10 years. last time I was down, I thought there were some good deals there on cars.

I hope no one thinks I'm knocking the Rock. I've been to Monster Mopar W/E also. I guess it's simple economics...the more products trying to be sold, the less expensive.
I'm going to both of them. Hope to see y'all there.

Sure hope to meet all of you. I want have my barracuda till maybe next year. I am going to try both events, I still need some parts.

I hope no one thinks I'm knocking the Rock. I've been to Monster Mopar W/E also. I guess it's simple economics...the more products trying to be sold, the less expensive.
I'm going to both of them. Hope to see y'all there.

Hey Fred you will definitely see me there.

I just want my sons to see a good mopar show. We went to one show last year and there were 4 show cars and the people didn't seem so friendly. We left early but then heard the drag races were really good. I just hope for a good showing to keep them excited about some of the cars that you just don't see on the road anymore. I know there are more, but in the Thomasville, High Point area I have only seen one 65 Barracuda and it was passing through and just stopped for gas.
Have a great day, it sure looks a good day for a drive. If only I had mine road worthy.

-
Back