Rockabilly Car show - pictures...

-

grassy

Reaction score
Went to a Rockabilly Car show out in the country today. Wasn’t quite sure what to expect. What we found were lots of cars and friendly folks. It was much more comfortable out here vs the car show on pavement I went to Thursday night. I apologize for the quality of pics..seems I am having some trouble with my eyes/glasses but they will give you a hint of the atmosphere.

With the show, there is live entertainment and demonstrations. Many participants dress for the part.

This is a 2 day car show so I suspect many new cars will arrive tomorrow.

Chad (who puts on this show and avails his land for the show) is a well known fabricator that works both here and in SoCal. Here is a quick vid…

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDrIVFMvjdY"]1939 Cruella DeVil Custom Built Car is Ready To Go!! - YouTube[/ame]

This is coming up to his workshop to the field behind…

_IGP8615a-XL.jpg

_IGP8660a-XL.jpg

In the building directly behind, Chad has a professional photo studio for those that wanted to be in a calendar..,, many of the cars owners / family were dressed for the era..

_IGP8616a-XL.jpg

_IGP8616b-XL.jpg

_IGP8616c-XL.jpg

_IGP8617s-XL.jpg

_IGP8658a-XL.jpg

The transmission ended after your elbow and you better not have big flippers or you will not be able to operate the petals..
_IGP8619a-XL.jpg

This car has been published in the forum before…it has been painted now..
_IGP8620a-XL.jpg

_IGP8621a-XL.jpg

A litte surprise with what is under the hood…
_IGP8624-XL.jpg

_IGP8625a-XL.jpg

_IGP8626a-XL.jpg

This is in great shape…he is not a member …I wish we had cards or something to promote this site,,,no one seems to have pens and paper on them... This was the first time I saw this car and he lives within 10 miles of me..
_IGP8627a-XL.jpg

_IGP8628a-XL.jpg

_IGP8629ajpg-XL.jpg

_IGP8630a-XL.jpg

_IGP8631a-XL.jpg

I know this is only a ’75 Impala but we owned one and I think it was the best selling car in ’75 and one of or maybe the longest mass production vehicle made that year. It certainly is a land barge.. The funny think was the suspension…it felt like you were going a lot faster than actually which meant you had to keep an eye on the speedo at all times or you would be holding up traffic !
_IGP8632a-XL.jpg

You can see some of the costumes..
_IGP8631a-XL.jpg

A few bikes…this one having the shift lever on the opposite side of harley’s.
_IGP8635a-XL.jpg

_IGP8636a-XL.jpg

_IGP8634a-XL.jpg

_IGP8638a-XL.jpg

_IGP8637a-XL.jpg

_IGP8640a-XL.jpg

_IGP8641a-XL.jpg

_IGP8642a-XL.jpg

_IGP8643a-XL.jpg

This car is flat black with various plastic skulls glued on to the body…the then took cut outs of various tools like an open end box and a hammer and used them to spray paint over so they adorn the body…
_IGP8646a-XL.jpg

_IGP8644a-XL.jpg

I didn’t ask him about this…since I have only seen a /6 Demon and the Signet (and one duster..engine unknown) I couldn’t argue with him..
_IGP8645a-XL.jpg

_IGP8647a-XL.jpg

This is my friends ’70 GTX. It came down here in ’11, the same year we started working on ours (summer only). I don’t want to think what this is costing him..
_IGP8650a-XL.jpg

_IGP8651a-XL.jpg

This was kinda odd. Chad was doing a demonstration…he waschopping the roofline on a Monaco. There was a ring of rust falling off the car as they hammered and sawed it…
_IGP8618a-XL.jpg

_IGP8654a-XL.jpg

_IGP8652a-XL.jpg

_IGP8657a-XL.jpg

_IGP8655a-XL.jpg

_IGP8659a-XL.jpg

The next ones I believe are his builds that were located just out of the grounds….actually, in the parking area.
_IGP8661a-XL.jpg

_IGP8662a-XL.jpg

_IGP8663a-XL.jpg

Your guess is as good as mine..
_IGP8664a-XL.jpg

_IGP8665a-XL.jpg

One thing we did notice was the number of younger folks ) 20 to 30 years of age) showing cars..

Hoped you liked...
Ian.

Interesting...

cool...

Wasn’t quite sure what to expect. What we found were lots of cars and friendly folks. It was much more comfortable out here vs the car show on pavement I went to Thursday night.

a lot of guys seen the rockabilly crowd and right away get the wrong about them. but i have been to a few rockabilly events and have never had a bad experience.. usually meet a bunch of cool people (some hot *** chicks dressed old school is sweet too.. :) ) see some really cool stuff. some real nice craftsmanship too..

a lot of guys seen the rockabilly crowd and right away get the wrong about them. but i have been to a few rockabilly events and have never had a bad experience.. usually meet a bunch of cool people (some hot *** chicks dressed old school is sweet too.. :) ) see some really cool stuff. some real nice craftsmanship too..

I've gotta agree with you there Joe. I went to Greaserama up in KC a couple years ago. Didn't really know if it would be cool or not. I have to say that I would prefer to attend a show of that sorts rather than a "normal" car show any day. The people are a sight all in their own, and they have respect for the craftsmanship put into the cars whether it may or may not be their taste. It was a great crowd, with some really cool cars driving around there. It was the first car show I've ever been to with a golf cart driving around selling beer, and like you said the chicks are always nice to look at.

We recently went to one in Rigaud Quebec about 2 hours from home. Best time I have had in years. Really nice people (way nicer than muscle car shows around here). Cool cars, live bands, beer, babes and two whole days till 10pm!

...yeah...friendly and a live band..diversity is encouraged...we will be going back..

I love the bubble top custom with the glitter paint and the cab over replica Chrysler in the works.

Rockabilly kids are nice. No gripe with them or the subculture. Sometimes the undead fashion end of it can grate on the nerves, but just like any other subculture, there's the good n bad in all of it.

I dig rockabilly music, psychobilly, go-go, psychadelic, lounge, surf and bossa nova. Amy has a lot of pinup dresses. She wears prescription cats eye glasses. I'll never complain about that.

The last time we went to a local show, someone asked Amy if he could take pics of her by his car. He was really nice, very friendly and had some impressive metal and trim work he was showing me, BSin' about his Studebaker hotrod.

I am not familiar with the "Rockabilly" car show, but it sure looks and sounds like it would be a fun time. Some of those cars just blew me away! :cheers:
C

-
Back