Rockauto Heads Up

-
Sounds good in theory, but that number won't get anyone anywhere. They do not offer customer service over the phone - best you can do is reach a receptionist mon-fri who will simply tell you how to use their website to try to answer your questions. Those hours are very wrong as well.
mopowers
Would you know that as fact?
Have you had experience personally, with that listed phone number?
Please elaborate if you would?

Sounds good in theory, but that number won't get anyone anywhere. They do not offer customer service over the phone - best you can do is reach a receptionist mon-fri who will simply tell you how to use their website to try to answer your questions. Those hours are very wrong as well.
See my post #22,,,
I left a voice message at the RA phone number and got full resolution on a part that had been improperly listed on the RA online catalog.

I’ve ordered from RA for many years never an issue. One time I received two different looking upper ball joints. Sent them a memo on it and they sent me another pair at no charge and didn’t want the originals back! What more could you ask for. Even having to pay shipping your still money ahead.

mopowers
Would you know that as fact?
Have you had experience personally, with that listed phone number?
Please elaborate if you would?

Yes, for me it is a fact. I've called that number twice. One experience I've had is when I had to return a faulty product. Before I followed the return instructions on the website, I called that number to ask someone a few questions first (e.g if I could swap out the part with one from a different manufacturer, or if I was required to exchange it for the same exact part). At the time, the answer to this question and others I had were not available on their webiste. First, the hours listed in that "get human" info in your post are not hours in which you can reach an actual person. Humans are only available on that number mon-fri. And those humans are simply receptionists, not customer service reps - says so right on the automated message when you call the line. As I said before, those receptionists simply assist with services offered on their website - and very poorly at that, I might add. At least, that's all they were willing to do both times I've called them. In other words, that number is completely worthless. They will not answer customer service questions. I guess your mileage will vary, but that's the experience I've had with that number - twice.

See my post #22,,,
I left a voice message at the RA phone number and got full resolution on a part that had been improperly listed on the RA online catalog.

I saw that. I'm glad you were able to get help on that line. Maybe the boneheads I've talked to on that line were just anomalies.

mopowers
Well, i guess you answered the question, that you didn't have much luck talking with a human, at that phone number.
Too bad.

I’ve ordered from RA for many years never an issue. One time I received two different looking upper ball joints. Sent them a memo on it and they sent me another pair at no charge and didn’t want the originals back! What more could you ask for. Even having to pay shipping your still money ahead.
I'm not sure what you mean by a "memo", or when that was, but they're a different animal now.

I've seen Rockauto threads before, and they never turn out good.

They must know about they're poor reputation. I guess they only look at the bottom line. I for sure, couldn't be involved with a company like that.

I'm not sure what you mean by a "memo", or when that was, but they're a different animal now.
This was just maybe 2-3 months ago. I sent them an email. They responded and immediately sent me two more ball joints at no cost. I don’t know what more you could ask of them. I just placed another order with them tonight.

ordered a minivan blower motor, they sent one for $34 shipped, could not touch that anywhere. I installed it and in 2 days its bearing failed and it stopped and smelled burned. I took it out and found a used one for 7 bucks at a half price day at pick-a-part (30 minute line to buy it...) I emailed them and said the motor burned up in 2 days. They sent a return shipping label and I put it back in its box and sent it back on their dime. a week later they emailed me back saying the motor was in fact defective upon inspection and offered me a refund or a store credit. I just took the credit and bought a few things for the old truck. The old used fan motor is still working fine. No hassles since I have been using them . That shock looks like an old Ford front shock mount, like my '57 used and probably a million Early Mustangs. I wouldn't buy small parts from them, ie filters and wiper blades, as they want $7 to ship a .99 wiper blade refill. That's just common sense.

This was just maybe 2-3 months ago. I sent them an email. They responded and immediately sent me two more ball joints at no cost. I don’t know what more you could ask of them. I just placed another order with them tonight.
I'm glad to hear that. Maybe someone there gives a hoot.

I've never had an issue before in several years of buying from them, either. My guess is that it's run by a minimal amount of people.
Does it seem like a big place? Do they even stock anything? Almost seems like they drop ship everything and just a few people running the show.

Beats me.
Typical warehouse in an industrial setting....I'll snap a pic the next time I drive by.

-
Back